Author Topic: RGB fades  (Read 1685 times)

Offline rrawlings

RGB fades
« on: October 11, 2011, »
I have seen in demos of other programs how easy it is to fade an RGB channel from one color to anoother, I am not finding it as easy in Vixen.  Is there a plug-in I need or is it just going to be a more difficult process to use vixen than other programs with RGB?  Be nice to me I am still a newbie, I understand the hardware very well, in fact am designing some of my own for some custom display pieces, but he software has me feeling a little dumb.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: RGB fades
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, »
Hi rawlings

Vixen 2.x was never really designed for heavy RGB usage. KC did put in a RGBled menu item in the add-ins but I have had issues using. Its a big reason why folks are using LSP or trying to develop their own program. It can be done but its a manual operation. For me to help speed up the process I setup a few different sorts and do one item at at time and then just copy and paste it to the required rows. Someday we might get Vixen 3.x which hopefully will make things easier.

btw: Who isn't playing nice? Hopefully it wasn't me  ???

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rrawlings

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, »
Oh I did not want anyone to feel like I was calling anyone out.  This is the most civil board I have ever been on.  I just feel maybe I am too dumb some days to make things do what I want them to.  I will look at LSP, it was looking like my second choice.  Thanks for the input.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, »
Vixen can do a lot of things well if you spend the time loading the grid. Take a look at RJ's video from last Christmas. He did a very awesome job with his SS mega tree. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This year I am staying with Vixen 2.1.x

Every software program has it pros and cons and a learning curve to use it properly

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline Livermore-Dad

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, »
Can you point me to what "loading the grid", means in this context and vixen?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, »
Can you point me to what "loading the grid", means in this context and vixen?

Each location on the grid getting a value between 0 to 255

Rick R.