Author Topic: LightShow Pro and Madrix  (Read 1672 times)

Offline urthegman

LightShow Pro and Madrix
« on: October 11, 2011, »
Hello all, I have posted this question over at LightShow Pro's forum without any luck so far(not that Mike and tng5737 didn't try). Here is the link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login I would like LSP to run Madrix effects on my programmable snowtubes I purchased from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. I am using the Etherdongle and getting my DMX signal from my second Hub. The signal is being sent to an Enttec Pro controller that I have designated as an input controller. The controller is looped back into a powered hub which also contains 3 Enttec Pro controllers designated as output controllers.Here is a link to the physical setup instructions You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. I can get LSP to directly control the snowtubes. I can also get Madrix to directly control the snowtubes. I just can't seem to get LSP to communicate with Madrix. In LOR a DMX value will control a bin in Madrix and that bin will contain an effect that I would program into Madrix such as green snowfall, red snowfall, a waveform, an equalizer etc,. Here are the directions for LOR : To call a MADRIX bin from LOR you will need to set the DMX value in LOR to the
corresponding vale in MADRIX. To find these values we recommend using the LOR
Hardware utility.
2. Open the LOR Hardware utility, then click on the Console button.
3. Under Controller Type select iDMX-1000 - DMX.
4. Set the unit ID to E0.
5. Move the first slider up slowly and watch MADRIX. When a valid DMX value is reached, the
corresponding bin will turn green. Write down this number as it will be the DMX value used
in LOR to call that effect.
6. Continue step 5 until you have the numbers for all your bins.
7. Go back to the LOR Sequencer.
8. Select Edit > Preferences > DMX Preferences > Allow DMX Editing.
9. A new button will appear on your tool bar. Uses this selector to set your DMX value that
corresponds to the effect you want in MADRIX.
10. Once you set a value, apply it to the time line for the entire time you want to display that
effect.
I tried using the test controller function in LSP to see if moving the red, green and blue levers and thereby send different DMX values would correspond with a bin lighting up but it did not. I'm wondering if something in the remote control area of Madrix would have to be set in order for them to communicate? I don't know if anyone here can help, but I thought I would just throw it out here and you never know who might read it and have an idea or two. Thank you for your time, I'll keep you posted on any progress I might make. George

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
Re: LightShow Pro and Madrix
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hello all, I have posted this question over at LightShow Pro's forum without any luck so far(not that Mike and tng5737 didn't try). Here is the link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login I would like LSP to run Madrix effects on my programmable snowtubes I purchased from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. I am using the Etherdongle and getting my DMX signal from my second Hub. The signal is being sent to an Enttec Pro controller that I have designated as an input controller. The controller is looped back into a powered hub which also contains 3 Enttec Pro controllers designated as output controllers.Here is a link to the physical setup instructions You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. I can get LSP to directly control the snowtubes. I can also get Madrix to directly control the snowtubes. I just can't seem to get LSP to communicate with Madrix. In LOR a DMX value will control a bin in Madrix and that bin will contain an effect that I would program into Madrix such as green snowfall, red snowfall, a waveform, an equalizer etc,. Here are the directions for LOR : To call a MADRIX bin from LOR you will need to set the DMX value in LOR to the
corresponding vale in MADRIX. To find these values we recommend using the LOR
Hardware utility.
2. Open the LOR Hardware utility, then click on the Console button.
3. Under Controller Type select iDMX-1000 - DMX.
4. Set the unit ID to E0.
5. Move the first slider up slowly and watch MADRIX. When a valid DMX value is reached, the
corresponding bin will turn green. Write down this number as it will be the DMX value used
in LOR to call that effect.
6. Continue step 5 until you have the numbers for all your bins.
7. Go back to the LOR Sequencer.
8. Select Edit > Preferences > DMX Preferences > Allow DMX Editing.
9. A new button will appear on your tool bar. Uses this selector to set your DMX value that
corresponds to the effect you want in MADRIX.
10. Once you set a value, apply it to the time line for the entire time you want to display that
effect.
I tried using the test controller function in LSP to see if moving the red, green and blue levers and thereby send different DMX values would correspond with a bin lighting up but it did not. I'm wondering if something in the remote control area of Madrix would have to be set in order for them to communicate? I don't know if anyone here can help, but I thought I would just throw it out here and you never know who might read it and have an idea or two. Thank you for your time, I'll keep you posted on any progress I might make. George

Hi George,

I am not aware of any options currently in LSP to do steps 5 thru 10 Step 10 might just be a color selected but not sure.

EDIT: My fatal error I have been misreading this thread. It is the intensity not the color that needs to be inserted and yes you can do that in LSP.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike

Offline urthegman

Re: LightShow Pro and Madrix
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, »
Hey Mike, I tried inserting on effects with different intensities without any luck. Searching high and low for this answer! LOL