Author Topic: Where is the 16 channel ssr  (Read 4322 times)

Offline Nightowlz1966

• I thought I had more extension cords
    • Christmas On The Creek
Where is the 16 channel ssr
« on: January 19, 2012, »
Over in the Blog at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There is a paragraph that contains the following text

"Two different SSR design, one 4 channel and one 16 channel, that doubles as DMX standalone controllers with just the additional of a few parts, and a dedicated 16 channel DMX LED controller"

I am kinda new here and was looking to possible build a freestyle in the near future, as I have seen some at a friends house with the ssr4's
But where is or which one is the 16 channel version of the ssr or am I reading this wrong trying to figure everything out?
If I was able to build a freestyle with a 16 channel ssr that would work wonderful with my arches placing one between each arch.
Brian Flanders
Sharpsburg Ga.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I Thought I Had More Extension Cords

Offline rimist

Re: Where is the 16 channel ssr
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, »
The lynx express is a 16 channel stand alone unit. The ssr4-dmx is 4 channels stand alone, however, the transformer was recently discontinued by the mgr and the board needs to be redesigned, which is on the todo list. The freestyle pcb is only available if you find a member that has one they are willing to sell.
- Rimist

Offline tng5737

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, »
The LE also has light dimming curves which makes it much superior to the SSR/Freestyle configuration.  The SSR with the DMX option is still a viable solution for those places where you only need a few channels.  For example, my mini-trees are four-color RGBW and I use a a SSR/DMX unit in each one.   When needed I just run power and a cat5 from mini to mini.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, »
I could be wrong but the 16 channel SSR was a product brain storm by a member in Australia that no longer visits DLA. It was not a RJ board

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, »
Yes I have always encourged others to design for DLA I just want them to design new things like the guys did with the DMX tester and Servo controller board. The reason some people believe i do nto want others to do so is because 95% of the time what a person ask to do is to redesign something that is there instead of creting something that give use new capabilities and I do not believ in having 15 versions of a 4 channel SSR. It just causes issues for most of the users.

We had a user that wanted to create a 16 channel SSR for the Freestyle and it was begun be never finished. It was a different design that the 4 channel and had some interesting features in how he did some stuff very innovative. It just never came to be.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Nightowlz1966

• I thought I had more extension cords
    • Christmas On The Creek
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, »
The lynx express is a 16 channel stand alone unit. The ssr4-dmx is 4 channels stand alone, however, the transformer was recently discontinued by the mgr and the board needs to be redesigned, which is on the todo list. The freestyle pcb is only available if you find a member that has one they are willing to sell.

So your saying that the freestyle is no longer in production?
Brian Flanders
Sharpsburg Ga.
I Thought I Had More Extension Cords

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, »
the OP is in the wrong area, the Freestyle, is a 128 channel controller that requires external ssr's  wether they be 4, 8, 16 or whatever.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!