Author Topic: Velleman K8055 Vixen Trigger Help Needed  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Asterix0

Velleman K8055 Vixen Trigger Help Needed
« on: October 13, 2011, »
I've just completed and tested a build of a Velleman K8055 USB Experimenter's Board I got from Radio Shack.  I had hoped to use it to manually trigger Vixen sequences.  I've copied the DLLs and put them various places (including the Output plugins page suggested on the Vixen site) but can't get anything to work.  When I try to create a triggers sequence, I get a message telling me that no trigger plugins are available for use.

I've searched our site and the Vixen site but haven't found anything that helps.  Essentially what I want to do is cause a Vixen sequence to play in response to pressing each of the five input buttons on the K8055.  Any help or pointers to help would be appreciated.

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
Re: Velleman K8055 Vixen Trigger Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, »
Normally in Vixen the Triggers go in vixen\plugins\trigger folder (not outputs)
Then when you open vixen there will be a menu item up top called Triggers were you select the one you want.

Hope that helps
-Jeff
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, by smartcontrols »

Offline Asterix0

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, »
I moved the TriggerResponse, K8085, and K8085D DLLs to the Plugins->Trigger folder, restarted, Vixen, and it still didn't recognize the board. I didn't see the Triggers menu either.  I'm clearly out of my element here. :(

Offline Asterix0

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, »
I upgraded to version 2.5.0.8 of Vixen but now get a .NET framework error when I try to configure the plugin. Has anyone else solved this problem?

Offline Asterix0

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, »
I did a complete reinstall of Vixen and seem to be making progress. I gave up using my Windows 7 machine and backed fown to an old XP laptop. This seemed to help.