Author Topic: LSP export to LOR format - strange issue?  (Read 1782 times)

dandyman

LSP export to LOR format - strange issue?
« on: October 14, 2011, »
I am using LSP to program my SmartStrings, and since the output from LSP (latest version) is somewhat 'jerky' (even in the scheduler), I am trying to use Xlights to run the show (much smoother).

The strange thing I've noticed is that when I export the file to LOR format, the SmartStrings (both pixels and rectangles) 'glow' slightly when they are supposed to be 'off' (they react fine when played in LSP)...

I looked at the XML file that LSP exported and where the intensities are supposed to be "0" (zero), they are all set to "1" (endIntensity, intensity, and startIntensity)... that explains the 'glow' :-)

My solution is to go in and edit the .xml file and replace all the "1"s with "0"s... work fine, but was wondering if anyone else has noticed this? And if so, is there an easier way to fix the issue?

thanks...

Dan

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
Re: LSP export to LOR format - strange issue?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, »
Does xlights handle video output like lsp does? Im running lsp also, but i also have a projector setup also that goes with the lights and audio.

Offline tng5737

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, »
Did you file a report concerning this over at the LSP site?

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Re: Re: LSP export to LOR format - strange issue?
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does xlights handle video output like lsp does? Im running lsp also, but i also have a projector setup also that goes with the lights and audio.
Yes, xLights handles video. I have a video wreath in my display and used xLights last year. My only advice is to run xLights on Win7 when using video (and make sure to check the movie mode button on the xLights playlist tab).
Matt Brown

dandyman

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, »
Yep... left the same message on the LSP forum... haven't heard anything yet...

Offline tng5737

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, »
Yes, I saw that but I was wondering if you had filed a bug report.   There is a 'Report an Issue' button inside LSP which you can use.  If you had a sort sequence where the problem occurred then you can attach that to the report.  That would greatly help in its resolution.

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
Re: Re: LSP export to LOR format - strange issue?
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, »
Yes, xLights handles video. I have a video wreath in my display and used xLights last year. My only advice is to run xLights on Win7 when using video (and make sure to check the movie mode button on the xLights playlist tab).
o k,may not work then, i am running windows xp on the show computer. How do you get it to run lsp, my xlights doesnt have a box for lsp to check.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, by holland lights »

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Re: Re: Re: LSP export to LOR format - strange issue?
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, »
o k,may not work then, i am running windows xp on the show computer. How do you get it to run lsp, my xlights doesnt have a box for lsp to check.
You have to export from lsp to lor format as dandyman is doing in the first post.
Matt Brown

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
Re: Re: Re: LSP export to LOR format - strange issue?
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, »
You have to export from lsp to lor format as dandyman is doing in the first post.
How do you change it.

dandyman

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, »
Hi, Tng...

I could never get the report an issue inside of LSP to work... alway errors out... have you used it sucessfully?

LSP seems to make the "0"s to "1"s in every export I've done so far...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, by dandyman »

Offline sielbear

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, »
Try this: