Author Topic: Will the conductor do video also?  (Read 4940 times)

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
Will the conductor do video also?
« on: October 14, 2011, »
Will the ether conductor be able to output video also;as well as, audio?

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Will the conductor do video also?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, »
Maybe the Etherdongle's daughter board (Conductor) needs a daughter board (for video) 

call it the granddaughter?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, »
It would be nice if it could do video, as i am running a projector also. So the conductor would have to do video also for it to work with my set up.

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, »
is your projector outside?

Offline thestig

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, »
I can't wait for this. I am going with smart-strings and pixel net this year. This thing is going to be the icing on the cake.  a fully functional unit without a computer, now thats what I am talking about. RJ keep up the good work. You are the man!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
is your projector outside?

My plan is to have mine on the roof next year.

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, »
yea, our projector has been outside for years. I bring the projector in when finished for the season.

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, »
is it designed for outside like a special projector, or a regular one.  how do you protect it?

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, »
Its just a cheap 180 dollar lcd projector from china. it is mounted under our 2 car almost 3 car wide carport. I had snow piled on it last year because i did not have time to bring it in and it snowed heavily. Dried it off and it worked just fine.
You can kind of see the projector in this video.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, by holland lights »

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, »
This thread is getting off topic, but I will say that when I see a display with video, I wonder why I am sitting in my car watching TV when I came to see the dancing lights.  Just my 2 cents.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, »
This thread is getting off topic, but I will say that when I see a display with video, I wonder why I am sitting in my car watching TV when I came to see the dancing lights.  Just my 2 cents.

I agree this is off topic but had to get my 2 cents in.

Video has been a major part of our show for many years. We produced our show for the children and they absolutely love the video. They can get very close to the screen and dance in the driveway along with the videos while their parents watch and take videos and pictures that they will remember hopefully all of their lives.

We are in process of making our show more interactive for the children rather than going the VEGAS route with all the RGB wow that many are moving towards.

Our most popular elements are these extra, non lighting features. Video, Snow machines, a riding train, a non riding train and Virtual Santa, with many others in the wporks. These are the elements that the kids love and it is the kids that keep us putting on a show each year, not the adults that drive by and spend 30 seconds watching the lights and listening to the music in the car.

We are in process of moving  our show in the direction of the Macy's window concept with multiple stations of different Christmas themes and away from all the glitz  of the Vegas style shows.

Please don't get me wrong, there are some fantastic RGB shows that have been and will be produced  using the new hardware but we will stay with the more traditional Christmas music and show for our visitors.

Just the 2 cents from an old man........

Happy New Year to all

Mike
Thanks
Mike

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, »
Sounds like fun. I want to go. I saw your train, looks awesome. Too bad I live where it is usually 15 degrees outside.

I agree this is off topic but had to get my 2 cents in.

Video has been a major part of our show for many years. We produced our show for the children and they absolutely love the video. They can get very close to the screen and dance in the driveway along with the videos while their parents watch and take videos and pictures that they will remember hopefully all of their lives.

We are in process of making our show more interactive for the children rather than going the VEGAS route with all the RGB wow that many are moving towards.

Our most popular elements are these extra, non lighting features. Video, Snow machines, a riding train, a non riding train and Virtual Santa, with many others in the wporks. These are the elements that the kids love and it is the kids that keep us putting on a show each year, not the adults that drive by and spend 30 seconds watching the lights and listening to the music in the car.

We are in process of moving  our show in the direction of the Macy's window concept with multiple stations of different Christmas themes and away from all the glitz  of the Vegas style shows.

Please don't get me wrong, there are some fantastic RGB shows that have been and will be produced  using the new hardware but we will stay with the more traditional Christmas music and show for our visitors.

Just the 2 cents from an old man........

Happy New Year to all

Mike

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, »
Ok Ok Now what about video!!! :) :) :) <pop..

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, »
I am moving the projector topic to the porch, so it can be discussed further. For those of you who are wondering about how i keep it dry, i will try to discuss further.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, by holland lights »