Author Topic: Help with profile file. I have two channel 519's in it  (Read 2323 times)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
I started programming some of my rgb in Vixen.  I see that my red, green and blue do not match up with the grid.  I then noticed I seem to have two channel 519's.  I tried to remove one with notepad but then it crashes the profile when you open a sequence. (backed it up first!)

I have HOURS spent in the profile setup.  Can someone smarter then me tell me what to do to make the channels line up?  At first I was doing hybird mode and it would not line up.  Then I set it to individual pixel mode and tried skipping the first 3 channels of hybird and made my start channel 522 for red pixel number one.  It is red on the grid but lights up pixel #1 green?

Attached is my profile.  I think it can be fixed.  I HOPE!

Ron

Had to zip the profile as you can not upload a .pro file extension.
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
Re: Help with profile file. I have two channel 519's in it
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, »
When you ran the setup utility for the SSC what settings did you use there?
Start channel,
String,  pixel, hybrid
Flex strip, string

Also are you using strings and not one of the strips?
That should give us a place to start.

-Jeff

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, »
Man I cheated when I set it up.  I made the rgb part with the vsb program then spliced my 2010's first 512 channels with the 2011.  Then created a new profile with them and added an adjustable preview and set it up.  I think I messed up when I spliced them together.  I just spliced another time and I think I got the channels lined up right this time.  But now I will have to redo the adjustable preview.

The pain.... the pain of it all.             (Dr Smith)

Unless it still can be fixed?

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, »
Looking at your profile, you have output 519 labeled as 519-Road Lights-Red.

Since the outputs in the .pro file start at 0, output 519 is actually channel 520. So, you need to program your SSC to start at 520 or move all your channels up one so that 519-Road Lights-Red lines up with output 518.

This would explain why you get green because because if your SSC is programmed to start at 519, turning on output 519 will actually turn on channel 520 which is 520-Road Lights-Green.

I hope this make sense.

Rick

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, »
Looking at your profile, you have output 519 labeled as 519-Road Lights-Red.

Since the outputs in the .pro file start at 0, output 519 is actually channel 520. So, you need to program your SSC to start at 520 or move all your channels up one so that 519-Road Lights-Red lines up with output 518.

This would explain why you get green because because if your SSC is programmed to start at 519, turning on output 519 will actually turn on channel 520 which is 520-Road Lights-Green.

I hope this make sense.

Rick

It makes sense.  But I guess I would not have the red then for the very first item?  Sounds like it might work and worst case I may not have one color on the first node.  I think anyway.  Sounds like that may line it up.  Thank you so much for the input.

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, »
It makes sense.  But I guess I would not have the red then for the very first item?  Sounds like it might work and worst case I may not have one color on the first node.  I think anyway.  Sounds like that may line it up.  Thank you so much for the input.

Ron

You would not loose red on the first node. You can leave it the way it is, but your channels will be labeled wrong.

I'm not sure how you generated your channels, but you have channel 519 starting on channel 520. This is why you have two channels labeled 519. The one labeled "Channel 519" is the real 519 and the one labeled "519-Road Lights-Red" is actually on 520.

"Channel 519" is really "Road Lights-Red"
"519-Road Lights-Red" is really "Road Lights-Green"
"520-Road Lights-Green" is really "Road Light-Blue"
"521-Road Lights-Blue" is really "Rectangle1-Road Lights-Node_1 R"
"Rectangle1-Road Lights-Node_1 R" is really "Rectangle1-Road Lights-Node_1 G"
and so on.

That is why when you turn on "Rectangle1-Road Lights-Node_1_R" you actually get "Rectangle1-Road Lights-Node_1_G". To turn on node 1 red you would have to turn on "521-Road Lights-Blue" in the grid.

You just need to move all your labels one channel lower. Or, reprogram the SSC to start one channel higher. Then, everything should work correctly.

I can fix your profile for you without having to redo it if you like. Just send me a PM.

Rick

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, »
But the adjustable preview with "ALL" the lights in the picture of my house will then be off.  I have already made a new profile.  I just have to redraw the dots on my picture of my house  "again" like this...

Thanks

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, »
You could edit the profile and fix everything without having to redraw anything.

But if you've already started a new profile, it's probably just as well to redo it.