Author Topic: Spiral Mega Tree Sequence  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
Spiral Mega Tree Sequence
« on: October 17, 2011, »
Does anyone have a sequence making your mega tree spiral using SSC/SS  that I could look at and use as an example to make mine do the same?  Running Vixen 2.14 but really just need to see how its made to get an idea on how to complete it.  Finding out its not as easy as I thought.   Thanks

Freebird
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline barbotte

Re: Spiral Mega Tree Sequence
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, »
i am not sure what is a SSC/SS or what you are trying to do but in vixen you sequence the same way as you would for a regular tree .. nothing special with spiral ...
cheer

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, »
What Im after is: using the smart string control and smart strings on my mega tree, I have been trying to make my mega tree spiral like RJ did in the demo. I am using vixen and sequencing over 2048 lights turning them off and then on etc etc is a pain in the butt.  I was hoping someone using vixen that made a mega tree spiral could provide me with a sequence to show me exactly how they sequenced it so I can at least follow along and complete a spiral of my mega tree.   

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, »
Freebird,
I don't have a sequence but have just figured out the spiral pattern for sequencing after some experimentation.
The stars are on and the dashes are off. A star or a dash equaled 6 boxes for me (2 channels by .3 seconds).
Make a blocked chase on one string starting at 0 seconds, then copy it to the next string at .3 seconds, and then the next string at .6 seconds. Try it out on a couple of strings and you will see the pattern start to form.
Lets say you had 16 strings of 50 nodes, then at 4.8 sec you will be on string 16 of your chase but you have only used 32 channels.
So go back to string 1 and start at channel 33 and the time of 0 seconds. Start your block chase here again. This will give you about 1 and 1/2 spirals around your tree at that node and string count.
Not sure how to fill in the beginning or end yet , haven't got that far, but I hope this helps.
Brian

String 1
*----
-*---
--*--
---*-
String 2
-*---
--*--
---*-
String 3
--*--
---*-
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, »
I don’t currently have a spiral tree, but I think if I were going to try to do one in Vixen my first try would be to create sort groups for it. That is I would create a group sorted where each of the nodes going horizontally around the tree were together. One group for the bottom ring, than one for the next ring up and so forth.

That way you should be able to do a normal chase type on the bottom ring. Then copy that chase and paste it in the ring above a few events over and keep going up the tree.

Have not tried it, just a thought of how I would approach it.

-Jeff

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, »
Awesome.  Thanks very much!!