Author Topic: Will the LE Config Utility Only Work With the Lynx Dongle?  (Read 1465 times)

Offline cBell

• Christmas in Brewster
I only have one Lynx dongle which I currently have programmed with PixelNet firmware.  I have another EntecPro Clone, but it is not a Lynx Dongle, and thus far haven't had any luck making it work with the LE Config Utility.  In fact, it seems to be making some channels so they won't come on at all.  I assume I can remedy this by re-flashing the Express Firmware, but am I SOL in using the LE Config Utility unless I re-flash the Lynx Dongle with DMX firmware?
-Chris
Follow my journey: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
I can not answer as I could not have tested with the other dongle. I do not know of any reason it could not work it is just DMX being sent out all the time.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline dmoore

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have another EntecPro Clone, but it is not a Lynx Dongle

If you don't mind me asking - who sells the EntecPro Clone?

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
I think you will have to re flash the Lynx Dongle with DMX firmware ... it won't work with the Pixelnet firmware and the other Dongle doesn't sound like its compatible either. 
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Why do you need the LE config utility?  Unless you are using custom light curves I know of no reason to use it.  I have had multiple LEs for several years and have never use the LE config utility.  It is not a required step.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, by jnealand »
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline cBell

• Christmas in Brewster
Why do you need the LE config utility?  Unless you are using custom light curves I know of no reason to use it.  I have had multiple LEs for several years and have never use the LE config utility.  It is not a required step.

Dimming Curves

I have another EntecPro Clone, but it is not a Lynx Dongle

If you don't mind me asking - who sells the EntecPro Clone?

Got it from RPM on DIYC

I can not answer as I could not have tested with the other dongle. I do not know of any reason it could not work it is just DMX being sent out all the time.

RJ

That's what I thought about it just being DMX, but it still must not like it for some reason.  I'll just have to re flash my Lynx Dongle and flash it back not a huge deal.

I think you will have to re flash the Lynx Dongle with DMX firmware ... it won't work with the Pixelnet firmware and the other Dongle doesn't sound like its compatible either. 

Re-flashing the LE firmware cleared up the weirdness I was seeing.
-Chris
Follow my journey: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tbone321

Your clone may be closer to the Entec Pro in command function then the Lynks dongle.  This dongle may require the sendDMX command to begin outputting DMX.  Since that is the only function that the Lynks dongle does, I doubt that it needs that command to function and if it recieves it, it would just be ignored as that's what it's doing anyway.  If the Lynks dongle doens't use the command, I doubt that the Lynks configuration utility would issue it and of not, that may be what is stopping this clone from functioning.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving