Author Topic: coroflake matrix  (Read 901 times)

Offline aljaker

coroflake matrix
« on: October 24, 2011, »
I have finished 1 of two coroflakes with 45 square nodes on one ssc. I am thinking of going LSP and would like to set it up as a matrix so that I could use the video transitions. I am having a hard time using the draw channel image to create the matrix. Has anyone else tried this approach, or have a better way of programming this?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: coroflake matrix
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, »
I finished 2 coroflakes, with 50 square smart pixels each.
I haven't started  the programming yet. 

not much help for you... i know. :)

i have another 22 SSCs to solder before I planned to start my programming.

btw, I layed out my pixels in a ? shape within each arm of the flake, and then connected them in the order 12-oclock, 2:30, 5:00, 7:00, 9:30.  did you do something similar?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline aljaker

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, »
Nice  ;) I did the opposite. I started in the middle and went out on each arm counter clockwise starting at 5, 230, 12, 930, 7. On the back I glues a white strip across so that it wouldn't fold, and then took 2 zip ties to hold the pvc to it.

Offline tng5737

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, »
I am not sure that a matrix would be of much use. But you can get some nice effects using layers. First, draw out a map of your nodes.
Since you used 45 squares - you should have 9 sq per leg.   First, on paper map out the leg and the sq #
like this:
          Top     Up-R     Low-R     Low-L     Up-L
Fx-a    1         10        19          28           37
Fx-b    2          11       20          29           38
... and so on ('a' is the center most node in each leg radiating outwards to 'i')

Now in LSP create 16 layers Like this:
'Flake1' contains all the individual nodes
'Flake1-s'   The first three channels - use hybrid mode for the flakes.  This helps cut down on LSP overhead when using flake-wide effects.
now layers for each leg... 'F1_Top'; 'F1_Up-R'; and so on...
finally, a set of layers for the radial burst: "F1-a'; 'F1-b' and so on.
Now just use your layers for your transitions or effects as needed.
This takes a little bit of setup but once you get use to using layers you'll wonder how you ever sequenced without them.

Unfortunately there is no good way to really draw a Coroflake image.  I draw the legs using the C9-lines and for the hybrid channels I use the snowflake tool overlaid on top of the C9-lines
I hope that this helps!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, by tng5737 »