Author Topic: Notifications are wonky  (Read 908 times)

Offline zwiller

Notifications are wonky
« on: October 25, 2011, »
Ever since the launch of the new board here my email notifications are hit or miss.  Right now I haven't received one in a week or so and I believe I have the settings right.  Anybody have any thoughts?  Should I just fork out the dough for the app for my iphone?
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Notifications are wonky
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, »
Working fine for me, I often get multiple messages a day.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline cBell

• Christmas in Brewster
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ever since the launch of the new board here my email notifications are hit or miss.  Right now I haven't received one in a week or so and I believe I have the settings right.  Anybody have any thoughts?  Should I just fork out the dough for the app for my iphone?

Not sure if this is the problem or not but do you click on the link in the email.  I'm not positive but i think it only sends one email until you've read the thread again and after that it sends another email after an update.  Could just be me dreaming too.
-Chris
Follow my journey: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, »
Didn't get any notification for these replys.  I don't typically click the email but I thought I had my preferences setup right.

Settings in notifications and email area in my profile are:

All three checked,
instantly, and
replies and moderation. 

Also, the boards I requested notification of appear in the lower portion of the screen.   

Email address is correct too.

:-\

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline cBell

• Christmas in Brewster
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
All three checked,
instantly, and
replies and moderation. 

Hmm... didn't realize there was an option to change this, guess that's not the problem then ;)
-Chris
Follow my journey: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, »
I have seen this over the years ... no real patten but it is emails from Host Gator sometime are randomly filtered.  HG gets the short end of the stick on a LOT of stuff due to people abusing the system and runes the party for everyone.  I am not much help but have seen this over the years too - your not crazy but no real advice.

Harrison

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, »
Just got a notification!  I was checking settings with my email account and think there some problems there.  Hopefully that's it. 

I agree Harrison, I've had a very small amount of notifications slip by somehow when I thought everything was still working properly.