Author Topic: xLights 2011b error  (Read 1129 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
xLights 2011b error
« on: October 26, 2011, »
Hi Matt,

having trouble getting xlights to read my Vixen 2.1.x seq file with pixelnet. I load it in the playlist and if I try to run it or click on the info button it returns channel count -1. While its doing this the cpu is at 100% The popup box states "Unable to determine number of channels. At first I had the seq at a full pixelnet universe (4096) and then I try reducing it down to 1262 which is 2 channels more than my last channel used.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Re: xLights 2011b error
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, »
Hi Matt,

having trouble getting xlights to read my Vixen 2.1.x seq file with pixelnet. I load it in the playlist and if I try to run it or click on the info button it returns channel count -1. While its doing this the cpu is at 100% The popup box states "Unable to determine number of channels. At first I had the seq at a full pixelnet universe (4096) and then I try reducing it down to 1262 which is 2 channels more than my last channel used.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rick R.

Do you have an output plugin defined in the sequence? This is how xLights currently checks for the number of channels. If there is no output plugin defined, then it can't determine the number of channels.

Note that I am planning to change that logic in version 2011c - xLights will actually look for the channels that have been defined, either in the profile, or in the sequence if the profile has been "flattened" into the sequence.

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: xLights 2011b error
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, »
Hi Matt

Adding back in the output plugin was the trick

Thanks

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required