Author Topic: procedure for channel programming the aether ii  (Read 9077 times)

Offline dannyct

Re: procedure for channel programming the aether ii
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2011, »
Thanks -

I'm still trying to figure out why I can't change the start channel number to 201.

Offline meman

Re: procedure for channel programming the aether ii
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes, if you are having success it is blind luck, or we have missed something important. If I reprogram the pic (fully erase it, load hex & verify), everything is perfect RGBW on channels 1-4. No matter what process I follow, running either of the configuration utilities and trying to set the start channel to 161, it screws up the chip and I am back to the GBW on channels 1-3. Trying to set the start channel to lower values like 24 has even more alarming results, like full green when power is applied. Killed power and reset dongle and no channels would light until I reprogrammed chip. 

Lather, rinse, repeat, drink shot of Jameson, lather, rinse, repeat....<fp. <fp.

Alrighty now...for those of you who are still having trouble getting the start channel to take, I've found the 100% foolproof method and duplicated it numerous times. Works with a freshly programmed chip AND even one that has been hosed (GBW on channels 1-3) after a botched attempt or bumping the switch while the unit was powered up.

1) Start with a freshly programmed chip just for good measure
2) Move both switches towards the LED
2) Power up the Aether
3) Start Vixen or whatever app you are using to trigger the Aether; make sure you can talk to the light regardless of how its obeying. Stop whatever sequence is running but leave the app up.
4) Start the Lynx Address Utility; update the com port to make sure there are no conflicts
5) Select the start address in the Lynx Address Utility and hit program. If your chip is hosed, the light will turn green..ignore it.
6) Move the program switch to "program mode" (towards the case), the LED will begin to flash red.
7) Move the program switch back towards the LED, you should get a single bright pop of light. If any other result move the switch back towards the case, wait for a red flash and move it  back. Its all a matter of timing for moving the program switch back to run mode. Try to flip it right after the red flash. Repeat as many times as it takes to get the white pop of light...and your DONE.
8) Stop the Lynx Address Utility if it hasn't crashed
9) Fire up your sequence and watch in amazement as your Aether obeys on the channels you selected.