Author Topic: Is there a way to change the audio file?  (Read 840 times)

Offline LondoB5

Is there a way to change the audio file?
« on: October 28, 2011, »
Can I change the audio file once it has been sequenced? I had an audio file I was using, but I wanted to shorten it, so I edited it down. I'm trying to figure out how to switch the old audio out for the new one.

btw I tried copy and paste (paste the old sequences to a new file with the new audio), but copy and paste seems rather hit and miss with this program. once I paste, the timings are all off and I don't want to spend another 3 hours resequencing.

Anyone have an idea?

-Ron

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Is there a way to change the audio file?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, »
with any computer stuff, always make a backup before doing something.

after the backup, just copy the new file on top of the original file.  then go into the editor and truncate at the point where you hear the music end.  it shouldn't be a problem.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, »
Go to playback, sequence setting, and browse and add the new audio file to it. Just be careful not to add new time interval, make sure you click to not add in intervals.

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, »
what I do is open the old sequence and click on sequence tab and then click on audio and the audio assign page appears click on and change to your new audio also make sure you put the new audio in the audio folder in vixen
Jeff

Offline LondoB5

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, »
Thanks everyone! That worked!