Author Topic: Aether II Switches  (Read 1715 times)

Offline mokeefe

Aether II Switches
« on: October 29, 2011, »
I haven't found a definitive reference for two switches on the new Aether II. The manual doesn't really address their functionality (specifically which position does what).  From reading various posts I have gleaned some details.  If someone can confirm the info I'd be happy to add it to the manual or Wiki.  Here is what I know:

Assume unit is mounted in the housing with the two switches in the upper left hand corner (like RJ's unit).

Left switch (SW2): Program Switch
   Toggled left: Program??,  Toggled Right: Run??

Right switch (SW1): DMX Termination
   Toggled left: Term Off??,  Toggled Right: Term On??

If someone in the know can confirm or correct my info that would be great. Thanks.

-Mike

Offline dannyct

Re: Aether II Switches
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, »
I wondering that too.

Offline meman

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, »
Add me to the "wondering too" list. I searched thought a bunch of threads and watched the video again...no real info on what these do.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, »
In the video (AetherII prototype) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... RJ says at 02:08...

"you got a couple of toggle switches, that sets your program operate, and your termination on the unit.  ...flip the switch, you can put it in program mode, you can put it in operate mode, you can turn the termination on and off"

In the video (AetherII test) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ...  RJ says at 00:48...

(referring to an older build...)  "The switches are still the same, they come through the board to allow you to turn on termination, to set it in program mode and such"
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, »
I think we pretty much know their functionality.  Still hoping for a definitive indication of which way to toggle them.  The videos make no mention of this.

-Mike

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, »
Sorry I have not been avaliable. I am currently at the hosiptial with a family issue and can not remember which is which and the direction.

As soon as I can and am home I will post the answer.

RJ

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, »
Thanks RJ.  Family comes first. Don't worry about this "hobby" until your real priorities are taken care of.

I'm pretty sure the way I described them at the beginning of the post is accurate.  At least my Aether II is responding correctly to the DMX Deck control in those positions.  I didn't try to program the channel number and just used the defaults settings from the base firmware.

-Mike

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, »
I do believe you are correct.

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying