Author Topic: Scroll Text  (Read 1591 times)

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
Scroll Text
« on: October 29, 2011, »
Can Light Show Pro V2 be used to scroll text?

Thanks

Bill

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Re: Scroll Text
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, »
Not directly, but you can create a video with titles/text (Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere, etc.) and then add that to LSP as a transition.  Takes some trial and error, but should work. 

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, »
Thanks for the information, I started to look at some of the built in transitions and I get an error when trying to drop one of the built in ones onto a Layer.  "There was an error getting the animation frames from the transition video.  This can be caused by an incompatible video format or missing codecs.  Please edit the transition settings to locate a compatible transition video."

Has anyone ran into this error before?

Thanks

Bill

Offline dmoore

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, »
Yes, LSP has the matrix animator.  This allows much more control over indivdual pixels.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, »
Thanks for the information, I started to look at some of the built in transitions and I get an error when trying to drop one of the built in ones onto a Layer.  "There was an error getting the animation frames from the transition video.  This can be caused by an incompatible video format or missing codecs.  Please edit the transition settings to locate a compatible transition video."

Thanks

Bill

Have you installed the DIVX codec package?  Divx.com, download codec pack only.  Be sure to read through the install and not install more than you need.  ie Nortan trial.

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, »

Thanks

Bill

Have you installed the DIVX codec package?  Divx.com, download codec pack only.  Be sure to read through the install and not install more than you need.  ie Nortan trial.

That did it.  Thanks for the tip.

Bill

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, »
Yes, LSP has the matrix animator.  This allows much more control over indivdual pixels.

Perfect, this is what I was looking for.

Thanks

Bill

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, »
Is there a way to mass edit the Matrix?  I have my controller defined but when I go to setup a Matrix, after I click on the first cell it asks if I want to map the whole matrix to the controller, once I click on yes it does the first row beautiful, but then for all renaming rows it repeats the mapping from Channel 1 - 60.  The second row should start at channel 61...etc...

I see that I can right click on each cell and manually change it, but WOW that is going to be a lot of changes to get 960 channels on the grid to be mapped correctly.  I'm sure it has to be something that I am doing wrong.

Any ideals?

Thanks

Bill

Offline FredS

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, »
There is an easier way to set up a matrix. I can't remember if I found it in a post or figured it out by trial and error. I am going from memory so I may miss some steps.

Insert the controller or controllers.

Right clik on one of the controller tabs. About half way down click on draw images for controller.

On the draw image screen select the matrix drawing tool and draw a matrix on the screen at the location and size you want. The matrix drawing tool will allow you to select the controller and range of channels to assign to the matrix.

Select channel range then sleect multiple or single pixels. then click next.

The next screen should let you set the size of the matrix. It will also give you a choice of 6 paterns to use for the order of the channels in the matrix. Set size of matrix and select pattern then click next.

The channels will be assigned to the points on the matrix. The last screen will give you the option to save the matrix for use with the matrix editing tool. It will save the matrix and give it a name with the date and time of creation.

I am not an expert, but this method has worked for me and does not take much time but You may have to expermient to make it work correctly for you.Hope this helps

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, »
There is an easier way to set up a matrix. I can't remember if I found it in a post or figured it out by trial and error. I am going from memory so I may miss some steps.

Insert the controller or controllers.

Right clik on one of the controller tabs. About half way down click on draw images for controller.

On the draw image screen select the matrix drawing tool and draw a matrix on the screen at the location and size you want. The matrix drawing tool will allow you to select the controller and range of channels to assign to the matrix.

Select channel range then sleect multiple or single pixels. then click next.

The next screen should let you set the size of the matrix. It will also give you a choice of 6 paterns to use for the order of the channels in the matrix. Set size of matrix and select pattern then click next.

The channels will be assigned to the points on the matrix. The last screen will give you the option to save the matrix for use with the matrix editing tool. It will save the matrix and give it a name with the date and time of creation.

I am not an expert, but this method has worked for me and does not take much time but You may have to expermient to make it work correctly for you.Hope this helps

Thanks for the information, I actually discovered just as you described while was working in it.  I 100% agree that it was easier to setup the Matrix using the Preview window and then saving that matrix then what the videos show.  I also noticed that when using the Matrix created in the preview that the channel mapping was correct inside of the Matrix Animator vs the other way in which the nodes do not get mapped correctly.

Thanks Again

Bill