Author Topic: Express + Lynx Dongle + Vixen - no blinky flashy?  (Read 4177 times)

Offline Opopanax

Re: Express + Lynx Dongle + Vixen - no blinky flashy?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, »
Thanks everyone for the help!

Turns out I had a multi-issue problem.

1. Baud Rate was too low and didn't match between windows and Vixen. Set to 15k
2. Switched to VCP drivers
3. Switched to Com3 -- it installed as Com1 by default
4. Annnd... the big one. I was missing a jumper on the Wireless spot. The whole "remove for wireless" issue:) The only thing I can think of is that I didn't have any jumpers when I made the board. Anyone know of those typically come in a coop?

So after testing with DMX Deck I finally got blinky and flashy:) Just in time for a mad halloween setup tomorrow afternoon:)

Thanks everyone!

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, »
glad it is working for you.  The jumpers have been in the kits I received from the coops.  When I place orders from Mouser for other parts I order, I usually order a few spare jumpers, triacs, opto's, and RS485 chips for spares.

Offline Opopanax

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
glad it is working for you.  The jumpers have been in the kits I received from the coops.  When I place orders from Mouser for other parts I order, I usually order a few spare jumpers, triacs, opto's, and RS485 chips for spares.

Good to know PK. First time I've done this at all. It could very well be that I lost the jumpers that came in the coop kit. I THOUGHT I put everything into my nice plastic bins - but those suckers are small. I could've easily misplaced them while madly metering all the resistors:)

Just glad the board works. Now to quickly get a sequence for tomorrow and then on to building board #2:)