Author Topic: issues ordering from ray?  (Read 1278 times)

Offline CourtBard

issues ordering from ray?
« on: October 31, 2011, »
Has anyone tried ordering anything from ray recently? I have been trying to order some strings, but my payments won't go through. I have tried two different creditcards one visa and one mastercard. Both are creditcards not debit cards. The visa keeps failing secure3d and the mastercard says payment could not be verified and closes the order. I have called the card companies and they say they are not blocking the transaction. Has anyone else experienced this?

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: issues ordering from ray?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, »
several weeks ago I had problems with credit cards being processed.
i got ray online and he had me do PayPal, and it worked.

Realize that what I did was stupid, I did not get the escrow protection that is normally available through going through the front door.

it all worked out for me, I got my order and Ray also provided some spare pixels at my request to deal with an expected number of failures.

so, try using the sales chat agent.  maybe they can get the credit card processing to work for you.  at least try to talk it over with Ray.

Steve
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, »
I ordered some nodes about three weeks ago. My Visa card was denied. I called the credit card company and they said it was blocked because it was coming from China and they wanted to verify is was a valid charge. I resubmitted the order while I had Visa on the phone and it went through with no problems.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I ordered some nodes about three weeks ago. My Visa card was denied. I called the credit card company and they said it was blocked because it was coming from China and they wanted to verify is was a valid charge. I resubmitted the order while I had Visa on the phone and it went through with no problems.

I did the same thing for my first order.  Called the credit card company and had them stay on the line while I completed the order.  The second order I paid via paypal direct to Ray.  On the first order I got hit with a 3% foreign currency fee from the bank,  I did not get any upcharge when I paid Ray direct.  I have received both orders with no open issues.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Mine too. I had a phone call from my CC company stating that there were suspious charges. I returned their call with the number that they left for me. It was all automated and took about 3 minutes. Now the card works fine with Ray.

Offline injury

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, »
My order finished up (released money from escrow) about 2 weeks ago. For Ray's part everything went smoothe other than him having me extend 1 day. No phoney tracking stalls or other things people had mentioned in the past.

Used a chase MC and it went through with no hassle, but I think that was because I've gone round and round with them in the past for a 'suspicous" purchase elsewhere that was actually parts I needed for work. But I also always make sure shipping and billing are the same since that can trip the fraud detectors.