Author Topic: Aether II Answers for Questions for everyone  (Read 5317 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Aether II Answers for Questions for everyone
« on: October 31, 2011, »
Here is the information being asked in many different threads.

1 -

Switches on the Aether II -

Right switch is terminate and moving it to the right turns it on.
    Left Switch is Operate/ Program and moving it to the right is program.

So both should be to the left for normal operation

2 -

Template.  The template was done as the correct size but it appears depending what you open it in it can print the wrong size. There is a pdf posted in the wiki use it in adobe with no scaling to get the correct size pattern.

3 -

Regulator Height,

Probley best to put them in last. Let the switches with the nuts and washers removed poke in place on the heatsink and then line up the regulators to keep the pcb level. The pins will barely stick through the pcb as outlined int he assemble manual. you do not stick them on throught the pcb as you would normally do.

4 -

Programming the Aether II Start Channel

Use the Address utility and send the start address. power off your Aether II, Flip the switch to program and power it up. When it starts flashing red you have it programmed. (This is what people are seeing when it is flashing red.)  A that point flip the switch to operate. It will not function again until it is unpowered and powered back up to reboot.

Sorry for the delay in these answers I have had other things taking my time.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline mokeefe

Re: Aether II Answers for Questions for everyone
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Here is the information being asked in many different threads.

1 -

Switches on the Aether II -

Right switch is terminate and moving it to the right turns it on.
    Left Switch is Operate/ Program and moving it to the right is program.

So both should be to the left for normal operation

Hmm...Of course left and right are relative depending on whether your switches are in the upper left or lower right corner of the heat sink.  I tested mine with both switches in the RIGHT position (with the switches in the upper left corner) and it seemed to behave properly with the DMX Deck.  Would it respond correctly to level change commands from the DMX Deck if it were in the Program position? If not, then I think we have a difference of opinion on the Operate/Program switch position.

-Mike

Offline complacent_one

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, »
SW2 = Program / Operate
SW1 = DMX Terminate (not sure what position is Term)

SW2 Program switch is located farthest from LED or the outer most switch.  If switched away from the led, it is in Program.

I will tell you this, if you cycle the SW2 switch from operate to program with power applied, you will need to reflash the pic...

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
SW2 = Program / Operate
SW1 = DMX Terminate (not sure what position is Term)

SW2 Program switch is located farthest from LED or the outer most switch.  If switched away from the led, it is in Program.

I will tell you this, if you cycle the SW2 switch from operate to program with power applied, you will need to reflash the pic...

I agree with you on the Program switch which means RJ may be mistaken in his post above.

-Mike