Author Topic: No idea how this was done  (Read 999 times)

Offline zwiller

No idea how this was done
« on: November 04, 2011, »
Give it a few more moments before you discount it.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Maybe some kind of ultra powerful projector lined up with the structure and digital editing being fed?

Thought you guys might appreciate it.     
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline basis21b

Re: No idea how this was done
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, »
There has been a buzz around 3-D projection and there are people working to make it affordable.  (Along the lines of what we do with lighting is affordable). 

A good friend of mine spent the 2009/2010 holiday season in Europe, specifically Brussels, and saw and took videos of some of this first hand.  Cool stuff.  When the time comes, I just hope it is easier to set up than my current display.   :)
Tom B

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, »
There are already plenty of vids of people using projectors on their houses.  They wouldn't work the way my decorations are set up but they do look pretty cool in the right situations.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline caretaker

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, »
It's call projection mapping and there is free software out there:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  plus a few others.  Next you need a lot of time to study up on it.  <pop..
Jeff Squires

Offline meman

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, »
And then theres the little matter of $50-100K for a projector and lenses powerful enough to do this kind of show.

Heres another clip from the Barco website that was done with 12 of their XLM HD30 projectors costing $90K each  >.d9

It will be a while before those kind of lumens are within my reach.

Mike E.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, »
The projectors in the Vids that I'm talking about are in the thousands, not 10's of thousands.  If your house is as large as the one in the vid that you posted then you should also be able to afford the 50 to 100K projector but for the rest of us .....
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving