Author Topic: how to extent range  (Read 1660 times)

Offline barbotte

how to extent range
« on: November 04, 2011, »
hello i have 5 lynx with wireless version 2 and 2 LE with version 1 but updated to version 2
some of them will be too far from the main pc with the tx ..how can i make sure the last 2 LE get signal ?? ... i do have another (spare ) dmx tx/rx/ v 2 doing nothing ... what can i do with it ?? if i used it with another controller like the ren 24 or ren 48 lsd in the middle of my display will that boost the signal for the 2 last LE out of range ??
thanks

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: how to extent range
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, »
How about moving the TX closer and away from the pc?

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, »
You could use a tx/rx as a sender and plug it into the output of a lynx express. Put this tx/rx to transmit on a different universe and set the lynx expresses that are far away on that universe.  This kind of set up will extend the range.

Offline rm357

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, »
How big is your display? Are you sure you are having a range problem - the range on the V2 is pretty big as long as you don't have too many obstructions or interference.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline barbotte

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, »
i am not done setting up my display but it look good so far ... the furthers one will be aprox 150-200 ft ... should it work ??
thanks

Offline rm357

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, »
Early testing showed a working range of 460 ft, although RJ recommneds staying within 250 ft. The other issue you may run into is that these operate within the same 2.4GHz band used for wifi.

If you are having reception issues, you should change the internal jumper to use a different "universe". The jumpers change the channel... just be sure that both theTX and RX units match.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA