Author Topic: Supporting multiple hubs - issue  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Supporting multiple hubs - issue
« on: November 05, 2011, »
I have two SSC and one Etherdongle.  I am using LSP 2.0.

I am currently testing channels 4097+ on the second SSC but the strings don't opperate correctly. 

1.  Connected lights to controller
2.  Set jumpers to 2 on SSC Hub
3.  Flashed pixelnet SSC to channel 4097.
4.  Edited LSP 2.0 controller plug-in to Universe 9, 4097 Start, 512 Size (see attached)
5.  Used LSP test hardware function

The first two lights are on, but the wrong color.  I need to press on a few times before the others come on.  Chase skips channels.  Really odd.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

1.  Swapped SSC with another one.  Same issue.
2.  Swapped lights, same issue.
3.  Tried channels for universe 3 (8193) , and 4 (12289) , same issue. 
4.  Channels 1-4097 work fine.
5.  Setting the channel works fine with the jumpers set to 2.  (Lights all flash white.)

Here is a video with PixelNet universe set to 1.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Any ideas?  I was thinking it was an issue with the etherdongle since the issue happens with both SSC hubs, but universes 2, 3, 4 have the same issue.  So, now I am thinking there is an issue with the LSP plug-in.  Not really sure.

I am hoping someone can test LSP using the Etherdongle and pixelnet universe 2 set and channel 4097+ to see if it works for them.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, by Mickpat »

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
Re: Supporting multiple hubs - issue
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, »
I experienced similar when I first setup mine.
First be sure you have the latest firmware flashed in the Etherdongle. During original testing there was a version that did not split the boundaries correctly.

I ended up flashing each group of my pixelnet SSCs to channels 1-4096. So software channel 4097 would control hardware channel 1 on hub 2.

One last thing. I do not know if LSP 2.0 handles it for you, but be sure you are not sending a value of 170 at any time. The vixen plugin handles this itself but a do not know if LSP 2.0 does.

Just some things to try

-Jeff

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, »
I downloaded the firmware posted in the beta forum posted on August 21st.  Is there a newer one? 

When I power on the hub, the first two LED modules always turn on with pink color.  This would be channels 4097 - 4103.  The remaining channels appear to be working just fine.

I just reprogrammed my LEDs to start at 6000 vs. 4097 and found the following.  20 LED modules set to start at channel 6000.  Setting all on using LSP test controller (8 channels at a time), the first two LEDs are skipped and the next 8 turn on. 

So, it appears the channel division is off.

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, »
PM sent

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, »
I updated the firmware and the first two lights are no longer on, but still off by two.

20 LED modules programmed to start at 6000.

6000 LED 1 -  Off
6004 LED 2 -  Off
...     LED 3 -  On
        LED 4 -  On
        LED 5 -  On
        LED 6 -  On
        LED 7 -  On
        LED 8 -  On
        LED 9 -  On
        LED 10 - On

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, »
Did you try testing using Vixen to make sure it is not an LSP problem?
I ran 16000 channels for Halloween without an issue. I also did an exact channel testm such as you are, with no issues. But I am using Vixen. I do not have LSP to try.

You may also want to test it with a USB pixelnet dongle on those channels to help try and narrow it down. I know when testing I frequently am switching back and forth between which dongle I am using just by changing the plugin. They both seem to work identically.

Be sure to use the latest plugin for Vixen from the sticky.

Sorry, can not reproduce your issue. Maybe someone with LSP can help.

Jeff

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, »
One thing I learned recently is that xlights has a much better testing capability that either vixen or LSP.  Just install it and configure you dongle com port.  There is a static light tester and an RGB tester.  My wife likes when I put the RGB window frames in twinkle test and the colors just come on randomly. including pinks, purples, etc.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA