Author Topic: Vampire plugs on minis  (Read 730 times)

Offline zwiller

Vampire plugs on minis
« on: November 07, 2011, »
Anyone successfully used vampire plugs on minis?  Last year I got some great deals on 200 and 400 ct commercial minis so I loaded up.  Looking to do arches 8 channel 100ct so I need to shorten to 100ct.  I’ve shortened them down before but I’ve always spliced with spt2.  I would really like to just throw on a male spt1 vampire plug on them and be done with it.  From, what I gather the spt1 is for 18ga.  My minis are 20ga.  Never used vampires before so I don’t know if this is feasible. 

Thanks in advance!
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
Re: Vampire plugs on minis
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, »
Yes you can just be sure to get te polarity right you may need vampire plugs for spt2
Jeff

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, »
That's great news. I will run a continuity test to check polarity. First time for that. Will grab both sizes just in case too.

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, »
For giggles, I got my dial caliper out and measured and compared the 2 wires.  Both SPT1 and the of the minis were about .1".  There was a little flexing but overall I think they match pretty darn good.  I measured some SPT2 I had it came to just under .2".  I am going to go with SPT1 plugs.  However, I am ordering both sizes since I need them for other things.