Author Topic: programming the PIC  (Read 1676 times)

Offline lightingboy82

programming the PIC
« on: November 07, 2011, »
How do i program the PIC on the SSR4, since it doesnt have an ISCP port like the express and other boards.  I thought about putting the PIC in the express, and loading it that way, then i came to my sences and saw that this PIC is not the same as the others.  ALSO, how do i program the DMX start address....i dont have a DMX dongle...do i need one to do that? i dont need it to get DMX as i am using another controller.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: programming the PIC
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, »
You need a programming socket for it. You can either buy one (where the popular option is j1sys You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) or build one like in the wiki
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline lightingboy82

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, »
thanks!!! i have a pickit 2...should i buy a 3? I noticed this diagram is for the 3, and also its noted in the ether dongle to use a 3... i wish i found out about this site earlier and could have gotten in on the coop oh well.

Offline lightingboy82

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, »
oh yeah and about programming the dmx channel address.... can i do that with the pickit2 or do i need the dmx dongle...

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, »
You are fine with the 2 until you get a etherdongle, all other lynx hardware at this time is fine with the pickit2 or pickit3. The person who did the drawing has a pickit3 so that is what they shown.

The program the start address you need to use the dongle and RJ's lynx address utility.

Follow the directions in the manual and you should be fine

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required