Author Topic: All Things Christmas  (Read 7350 times)

Offline Wildbill

• Our 2011 Christmas Light Show
Re: All Things Christmas
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2011, »
Got my second order of strobes and male vampire plugs today. Took 7 days from order to at my door with turkey day in the middle. Good service, quality products, and good prices! 5 stars from me! ;D

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2011, »
Still waiting for my replacement LED Rope light tracking says it should be her Thursday, glad your having better luck than me WB.  Want to get some strobes because they are a good price, but still iffy about the company.

Offline inzeos

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Got my second order of strobes and male vampire plugs today. Took 7 days from order to at my door with turkey day in the middle. Good service, quality products, and good prices! 5 stars from me! ;D

Got my strobes in like 20 minutes ago.  Already have them unpacked and installed on a strand of C9 w/ the old bulbs removed.  All of them working with no issues.  Very satisfied with the product being offered.

I will probably order more for expansion next year.

Going to get them mounted outside probably in the next day or so, to wet and nasty out right now.

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2011, »
I am kinda disappointed with the LED strobes. They just  turn on and off,  not the  "pop flash" of the incan strobe. 
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"

Offline inzeos

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, »
I am kinda disappointed with the LED strobes. They just  turn on and off,  not the  "pop flash" of the incan strobe.

I got the non-LED ones they offer.  From all the reading I've done you never really get a flash strobe effect from "LED strobes" go figure.

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2011, »
I can officially say I'm extremely disappointed in this company.  I received the second replacement rope light and what do you know the same incandescent stuff.  I specifically asked for them to check the rope light prior to shipping it.  Meaning open the box up and check to make sure it is in fact the LED rope light.  How hard is it to open the box plug the ropelight in and see if it LED or not.  Take an extra two minutes to see how many amps/watts the rope light is pulling, hey the specs are posted on their website.  Also if its putting out a lot of heat it is not LED.  All the things I asked them to do prior to shipping.  Maybe they don't know what LED's are.  To top it off the replacement was shipped late.  Oh yea the first few feet of the stuff  has melted casing.  So if your looking for rope light this is not the place to get it from.

But glad to hear everyone else had a positive experience.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, by Rod R »

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2011, »
thanks for the update Rod. I won't but rope light from here.  I did just purchase vampire plugs ( i wasn't gonna, but i figured that i should. plus it seems to be a good place for the incan strobes (listed under LED for some reason)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, »
Well just a quick update.  I never got the phone call from customer service like I requested from the night before or in the email so I decided to called in (really wanted to see how the customer service would respond "grade D").  Did not want to wait till it was later in the day for them to say "Oh its too late to ship out".  Anyway when I did call in and asked for the customer service person, I was told they were out to lunch.  Anyway they asked for my name and they knew right away who I was and was told please hang on because someone will be with me in few minutes.  So I thought well if they knew who I was why didn't they not call me.  Anyway a gentlemen got on the phone I explained exactly my problem and he said he was aware of my issue but need more info (again why no call back that I requested would be happy to give you whatever info you want)  I told him yes it says LED on the box but the product was not LED.  He asked how I knew they were not LED and I went through the whole wattage/current draw and the amount of heat that was being produced.  I asked who he was He said he was the tech.  Anyway he said that he would look into it.  Ten minutes later I get a call and he tells me you know what your right they are incandescent.  :o <fp.. He said the shipping people scanned the bar code and it came up incandescent but since it said LED on the box away it went.  Then I explained then why when I called and emailed them and asked that they open the box and inspect the product before it ships so it did not happen a second time.  I asked him, "You would think that the CS would have told shipping dept or the tech that a box marked LED was shipped out but the product was not LED."  He was very quiet, I told him check the records because I'm looking at the communication between both parties.  Well I told him that the first shipment was a honest mistake second shipment was inexcusable especially when a customer specifically ask it be inspected prior to shipping.  He apologized and said I wounder how many of these went out to customers.  I said yea maybe someone should follow up huh.  I told him I was thinking about ordering other colors and wondered would I have the same issue.  He said no I should not have a problem.  But to tell you the truth if he is the only one there that know what the difference between LED and incandescent rope light is then confidence level not that high.  Anyway I'm crossing my fingers because as He said they would ship it today that was at 1PM.  I asked for a tracking number and said please expedite the shipping.  He said no problem will do.  So far no tracking number was sent so I can't follow up till next week.  I'm hoping they come through.  <md..

So if you got your order in and they ship you the correct stuff great, but if you have a problem with your order them hold on. <pop..

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2011, »
i just got my male and female vampire plugs today, the females have the place where you can vut them out to make them not at the end of the cable.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2011, »
Just an update.  I finally received the replacement rope light.  The box size and shape was totally different from the other stuff (incandescent) rolled on different reels.   The quality is OK but the color doesn't pop like the red LED rope light from other vendors. I think I'll stick to ordering Vampire plugs from this vendor.  Not sure if I want to try the incandescent strobes from them but the price is good.  Oh well live and learn, I'll survive and tomorrow will come  :).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, by Rod R »

Offline BryanV

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2011, »
I ordered the same brand incad. strobes from a different company. Used 20 last season and only 5 survived. They have holes in the base and filled up with water  :-\

Offline inzeos

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2011, »
I ordered the same brand incad. strobes from a different company. Used 20 last season and only 5 survived. They have holes in the base and filled up with water  :-\

I'll have to look at mine again and see if I can seal them up then.  Haven't put them out into the weather yet.

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2011, »
I wonder if the Corrosion X spray will help after sealing the holes?

Offline Wildbill

• Our 2011 Christmas Light Show
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2011, »
No holes in the 50 i got, and they surived the monsoon we had this week.
Sorry Rod that your luck was bad with them.

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2011, »
No holes in the 50 i got, and they surived the monsoon we had this week.
Sorry Rod that your luck was bad with them.

Hey not your fault, no worries just put me me behind a few weeks I'll live  :).