Author Topic: Light curve doesn't exist  (Read 1121 times)

Offline bking85295

Light curve doesn't exist
« on: November 09, 2011, »
Trying to learn the Lynx Configuration tool...

This is my first time, so I'm not sure exactly what the light curves do for you.

But my first question is..  if you're particular light is NOT on the list of light curves (I updated the config with the latest from the DLA site), what do you do?   Do you select a light that seems similar?  Or just not select a light curve at all for that channel?

What do you use the light curves for?

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
Re: Light curve doesn't exist
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, »
I have some leds that are not on the list. I experimented with different curves until I found one that worked. I put an incandescent string on one channel and my leds on another. Try to find a similar light set on the list to what you are using and hook a few strings up and see if they dim evenly. It was trial and error for me. Maybe someone else has a better system.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, »
I did the same as John.  Hooked up clear minis and a number of WW LED's and programmed different sets with sample curves that I thought might be similar.   In the end, I thought the default curve came as close to the standard mini for my warm white LED's.  I'll know the truth in a week when I get to test the show.

I used the xLights test utility as it seamed to work the best for dimming tests for me.

Offline bking85295

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have some leds that are not on the list. I experimented with different curves until I found one that worked. I put an incandescent string on one channel and my leds on another. Try to find a similar light set on the list to what you are using and hook a few strings up and see if they dim evenly. It was trial and error for me. Maybe someone else has a better system.

John

How do you know when you've chosen the right curve?

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, »
When it looks "right" to your eyes (back away from the two strings a little bit or ask a friend to watch), then it will look right to your viewers.

RJ uses a calibrated light meter and a special program to create the curves. I suppose you could try that, too. For me, eyeball is good enough.