Author Topic: Sequence sharing for Vixen  (Read 9500 times)

Offline bking85295

Sequence sharing for Vixen
« on: November 12, 2011, »
Would anyone be willing to share sequences on Vixen.  My newbie setup is only using 64 channels right now, so I know I would be cutting stuff out.

I would like to start with the Wizards of Winter and a few others.

Offline devoidelk

• North western Indiana, 47960
    • Facebook
Re: Sequence sharing for Vixen
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, »
I feel like I'm going majorly under par I'm going with only 6 channels for my first year just to show my wife how it looks. So wow i feel like I'm lacking now lol.

Offline rimist

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, »
I'm going with at least 16 channels, but hoping for 40. I don't have a single sequence written.

- Rimist

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
- Rimist

Offline devoidelk

• North western Indiana, 47960
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, »
my first project is wizards of winter when i finish i may do a screen capture of the sequence and upload it to youtube using the adjustable preview.  I currently have the first 10 seconds done.

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, »
Mike (oldcqr on DIYC) has a nice collection of shared sequences.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, »
If you look at this board you will see posts of people sharing their sequences over the years. I will admit its not the most efficient way but they are there.

example:

Cheers

Rick R.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline bking85295

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, »
Excellent thanks!

I still don't see any Wizards of Winter.  Anyone have that sequence?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, »
Try Holdman's sequence

I think he has Wizards

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline zwiller

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, »
Rick beat me to it.   ;D 

There's a ton of em out there, just google "vixen sequence".  Lot of nice folks are sharing theirs.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, »
I confess that I have yet to create a sequence from scratch on my own.  My sense of timing is pitiful.  But I have found hundreds of Vixen sequences and LOR seqences available for download.  You may have to look at a lot of them to be able to find one that you can use with your own layout due to channels used or music availablity, but it can be done.  I am now in my fourth year doing this.  Look for videos of the sequences that your are downloading and see if the quantity and type of lights that are used are similar to what display elements you have.  For instance I do not have any bushes or trees wrapped, but I do have 6 porch columns and 4 front windows so I look for things in the download that use 4 or 6 elements and copying those channels to my own channel layout.  I have dual monitors so I open vixen all the way across both screens.  Then open the downloaded sequence and size it fit on one of the screens.  Then open up a new sequence for my layout using my own created profile and use the copy channel function by right clicking on a channel in the download and copy.  Then right click on a channel in my layout and paste.  It helps if you spend some time looking at the downloaded sequence and write yourself some notes about what goes to what.  Like tree1 goes to column 1, etc.  I've also taken megatree sequences that don't match my channel and color count by using of the download channels to two of mine etc.  You can do this with a single monitor, just takes more switching back and forth between windows in the vixen main window.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mcangeli

• Original Gangsta
    • Mcangeli
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, »
Jim, you make it sound easy.

I've got one and a half "songs" sequenced for my 48 channels...

the first one though is only two elements and its to Linus explaining the Christmas Nativity from the Charlie Brown Christmas special, so I don't truly count that one.... I'm further along with getting the lights hung on the house than I am sequencing... and my wife already thinks I'm crazy!

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, »
Mark, give me a call and we can set up a time for you to come over.  Just bring all your music, etc on thumbdrive.  It is nice to have someone so close by.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA