Author Topic: Show off your 2011 Aether II test runs  (Read 4990 times)

Offline thestig

Re: Show off your 2011 Aether II test runs
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, »
Wow the 3 on the front do a great job on lighting the house up. I think I will just order 4 for now. One on each side of the driveway for the lower garage and one above the garage on the roof. and one hitting the right side of the house. I can always pick more up at another time. i would rather not have an extra aether with no where to put it.

btw your display is amazing, nice job with the sequencing. You have a lot going on and it must have taken you a long time to sequence that.

Grant

Offline thestig

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, »
I thought I would show you guys what 6 of the Aether II's look like on my house. The photo doesnt do it justice. These things are bright!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, »
Sweet.  Nice placement. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline thestig

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, »
the aether on the bottom of the steps is borderline dangerous. I angled it as much as I could but its still pretty bright when you walk out of the front door. I am sure its fine but I don't want a kid to blind themselves and fall down my stairs when they are trick or treating.  I might just have a candy bowl at the bottom of the steps this year. It will be nice as my dog won't bark every time somebody rings the doorbell.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, »
Yeah, I agree with the aether on the steps.  We get our lawn chairs out and hang out in the excitement but we are a tight neighborhood and there's a lot of TOT action. 

I really dig the 2nd floor lighting.  Are yours just sitting up there on the roof with sandbags or something?  I would like 2 more for my 2nd floor but unsure how to mount, especially for winter. 

Not sure if you planned on sequencing anything but I am doing a simple sequence this year for Halloween for the first time using only my 4 aethers.  I have like 10 minute non music sequence where I have slow omnious fades and then about every 5 minutes there is lightning flashing for a few seconds.  I bet that would be killer with your setup since you have the whole house washed.  For lightning, the white is cool white and response of the led is fast.  Almost strobe like.  Sync that with 6 channels...   

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline thestig

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, »
I have singing faces for my house this year so most of my sequencing is just basic color changes and fades. I don't want to have too much going on as the faces are the main theme of the display. I have already thought about the lightning sequencing and plan on doing just as you described. I have my aethers on the roof zip tied to extra dumbbell weights that I had laying around the garage. I was planning on using sandbags but found the weights and they worked, so it saved me some time.

Grant

Offline zwiller

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, »
Singing faces, cool.   ;)

Dumbbells were a good idea/free!  You just gave me an idea to try: zip tying to a gutter spike or something.  I suppose there is no substitute for dragging a ladder out to try it to see what works and what doesn't and dial it in... 

Offline meman

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, »
I'd say you are all set with those. Totally saturated with color...awesome!