Author Topic: New to DLA scene, lots of SSR4/DMX/Dongle questions!  (Read 1457 times)

Offline jason_

Hey all,

I'm new to the community (lurking for a year or so), so if the questions I post are redundant, please direct me to the correct place. I've read a lot of posts in the SSR4 and LE forums, along with several wiki pages.

I'd like to get 2x Lynx SSR4's w/DMX. Can you get these boards anytime, or are they only available via coop? What else am I going to need other than the PCBs and the materials listed on the BOM w/DMX? Do I need some sort of programmer for the chip(s)?

I also have sparsely read about a DMX dongle, I assume this is the dongle that connects the computer to the SSR4 controller? What is the availablilty of this dongle? Is connectivity via USB or Ethernet?

Also, are there any recommended cases for the SSR4?

Thank you for your help!
-Jason

Offline inzeos

Re: New to DLA scene, lots of SSR4/DMX/Dongle questions!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, »
I believe RJ currenetly has SSR4 PCB's still in stock.  You can check DLA Store.  You have so many hours after he sends you the quote to send him a paypal payment, which will reserve them for you and get them shipped out.

OR you can wait until the next coop, which probably won't be until sometime next year.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, by rrowan »

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, »
Jason,
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey all,

I'm new to the community (lurking for a year or so), so if the questions I post are redundant, please direct me to the correct place. I've read a lot of posts in the SSR4 and LE forums, along with several wiki pages.

I'd like to get 2x Lynx SSR4's w/DMX. Can you get these boards anytime, or are they only available via coop? What else am I going to need other than the PCBs and the materials listed on the BOM w/DMX? Do I need some sort of programmer for the chip(s)?
The SSR4 pcbs are normally available from RJ. According to the latest availablity, DLA Store
You will need a pickit to program the chips. A pickit3 is recommended.

I also have sparsely read about a DMX dongle, I assume this is the dongle that connects the computer to the SSR4 controller? What is the availablilty of this dongle? Is connectivity via USB or Ethernet?
RJ has the dongle pcbs also.
The DMX dongle connects via USB.
Also, are there any recommended cases for the SSR4?
The TA200 case You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, by rrowan »
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline jason_

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, »
Thanks for the quick replies!

About 10 minutes after posting this, I found the Case Chart (my first read through of the Equipment wiki page, I blazed right past that chart).

Where can I get a pickit3 for a good deal? Do any members provide them so I can support them?

I'll be PM'ing RJ momentarily for the PCBs.

Thanks again!
-Jason

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, »
The Pickit 3 can be obtained from many sources such as

...etc...

Bill