Author Topic: OH FUDGE!!!  (Read 1748 times)

Offline shaunkad

OH FUDGE!!!
« on: November 17, 2011, »
I am finishing my first Aether soldered on one wire and was cleaning up the flux and ripped of the solder pad. Now have to scrap off the solder mask and see if I can save this one. Like the heading says OH FUDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! accept I didn't say fudge   

Offline JonB256

• My website
Re: OH FUDGE!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, »
I know it looks prettier, but there isn't usually a need to clean the flux. Did the solder roll say something about it?

Sent from my DROIDX

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, »
Its DEAD pulled pad 6 off as well.I tried to bend the wire and it pulled off.  Iordered a new one already will be here next week. I will post a pic of how I wired up my second one soon. No the solder did not the extra flux I have does.

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, »
I tied my wires to the heat sink so I do not risk pulling another pad off I also made my wires long to the LED module so if i had to remove the pcb from the heatsink I would not have to unwire it.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, »
Dude, is that a flux capacitor!?   ;D

Thanks for the heads up.   Getting ready to do mine.  I def will be labeling like you did.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."