Author Topic: Help with Vixen!!!!!  (Read 2397 times)

Offline gilles1

Help with Vixen!!!!!
« on: November 17, 2011, »
I have been searching the internet for the past several weeks trying to learn the vixen trick. Can't get light-o-rama controller to stay connected with vixen. Does anyone have any ideas how to solve the two together. Running Windows XP using plugin open dmx. Starts to work and then losing the signal....ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED! PLEASE, HELP BEFORE DEC 1ST. LOL!!!!

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
Re: Help with Vixen!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, »
You might want to check out Xlights
Jeff

Offline tallan

• Christmas with the Allans
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, »
Hello,

You said stay connected? Do you mean it works a little then disconnects or you never got it to connect?

I am using LOR with the Reidfo LOR plug in and it works fine however their is an issue where if you set something for a long period of time the lor stuff will just shutoff. I believe the issue was the LOR protocol has some sort of time sync / check and after a period of time where no data is sent they just shut off. to get around it you can drop the intensity say from 100% to 99% every second or so where you will not see that with your eyes but it will send data down the line and keep the lights on. If your using the test stuff it really cuts out fast and is pretty much useless with the LOR equipment. Send a test sequence to the LOR controllers and you'll be better off in that regard.

If you seek the Reidfo plug in I have attached it as I know their has  been issues with the DIY Christmas site lately.

Hope this gets you online. ;)

Ted

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, by tallan »

Offline gilles1

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, »
thanks for the post...Tallan

Lights-o-rama is connecting to vixen, lights are working for about ten seconds or more. After a short time they will disconnect, no signal to light-o-rama.
Got the plug in ....What do I do or how to install?? (will try this, but need more info...please)

thanks

p.s....try exlight works good but no setup for my motified light and sound of christmas.

Offline tallan

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, »
Hey Gilles1,

Just drop that plugin in the plugin/output directory under vixen then in vixen use the reidfo to control your LOR equipment.

Like I said earlier you have to coax it a bit if your doing long timings as the lights will shutoff if it does not see any data, 10 seconds might just be the threshold. Mine work fine as I have 6 LOR controllers so one of them is usually getting data to do something.  ;D

Hope that gets you all fixed up!

Ted

Offline gilles1

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, »
i  got it going  >.d9 > thanks tallan now i can get back to sequencing  :) thankyou for the help

Offline tallan

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, »
Great News!

One more thing just in case this is not computer related. Some times mine does not see the LOR dongle and a quick unplug and replug of the dongle will let it be seen again. Never did figure out why that happens but it does happen on occasion to me anyway.

Enjoy!

Ted

Offline tbone321

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, »
This can happen if your computer puts the USB ports to sleep.  You can check in the power settings to see if that is what is happening.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving