Author Topic: Export To LOR  (Read 1286 times)

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
Export To LOR
« on: November 22, 2011, »
Does anyone know if LSP can export to LOR without needing a Media File?
I have action sequences done up for text on my sign but every time I go to export it wants a media file.
Also I just updated LSP and I get an error in LSP on every export attempt.  I told LSP to use a MP3 file that I had just to make it happy but I get an index out of range error.

Thanks

Bill

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
Re: Export To LOR
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, »
You can create an animation rather than a media sequence in LSP without a music file and then do the export. When you do the export it wil leave a dialog box on the screen *"Preparing for Export") even thought the export has completed. I have reported thios as an issue.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, »
Are you on Version 2?
I do have my LSP sequences setup as Animation but when I choose Export it prompts for the location of a media file, if I click cancel to this, then a box remains on the screen that says Cloning Sequence.  It stays on the screen and no file is created.

Bill

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, »
Yes I am on V2, last 4 of build numbers are 1750 (actually I am a beta tester). Can you send me the sequence and I will try it? I just created one and it worked okay on my machine.

bmulvenna at hotmail.com
Thanks
Mike

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, »
I found a fix to two issues thus far.

1.  I opened the exported LOR file as other posts have suggested and changed the intensity=1 to 0.  That took care of the Random flickers in the sign.
2.  Also while in this file I removed the path entry to the MP3 file and was able to get Xlights to play the file without needing a media file.  LSP keeps forcing me to specify a media file during the export.

Currently the colors used in LSP do not match after the Export to LOR, do any LOR guru's know if the controllers need to be setup in a certian way in LSP to correct this?

You may wonder why I am trying to use LOR when I normally use Vixen.  Well I'm trying to add text to my sign during my show.  The version of Vixen that I use has no easy way to map text to a matrix.  My matrix is made up of Flex strips.  So I am using the Matrix ability of LSP then exporting to LOR so I can then use XLights to play the LOR files for the sign and Vixen for the rest of the show.

Thanks for all the help from all.

Bill

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, by wbuehler »

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, »
Bill,

I reported the issue that it is asking for a music file as a bug. It is doing it when the light controller type is RGB. Seems you have found a temporary resolution the the music file.

What version of LSP do you have installed. The intensity issue was been fixed in the latest version. The latest version of LSP is LightShowPro_v2_0_11317_1750.exe and you can get it here
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  use the link at the bottom of the post labeled "Get this update here"
Thanks
Mike

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, »
Thanks for reporting that.
I tried the latest version last night and it would not even export.  I would get the error listed in the first post.
I had to re-install the old version.

Bill

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, »
I found my cause for the color issue on the Export.
If in LSP when doing an animation if there is movement like scrolling text then when the LOR export is played then the colors are off.
But if static animations are done then when playing the LOR export the colors are correct.

Bill

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, »
OK found it.

My color issue came back and after several, several, several tests.  I found the following.  If the sequence in LSP is setup with a E1.31 RGB controller and exported the colors show up wrong.  But if I setup the LSP controller as Lynx Pixelnet and RGB the export colors were correct, and it did not matter if there was animation, scrolling text, or anything else.  It is working now and I can replicate it.

Bill