Author Topic: DMX Tester and DMX Servo Controller COOP [CLOSED for orders]  (Read 41339 times)

Offline mmciver

• Love the blinky blinky! in 85086
Mike,

Thanks for all the hard work on this coop.  I received my kit, soldered everything, cut the case without it looking too bad;) and ordered wireless parts for my wirelesss board.

Only issue I am having is with an apparent bad PIC chip.  I have one on order and once it is here and flashed I will start using it.

Mike.
650000 lights!
160 Channels - 2010 numbers
RGB elements
Combo Mega Tree
Never enough lights!

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
Mike,

Got mine as well.  Built my first (non-wireless) and it all works.  I did have an issue where the barrel encoder was working intermittently.  I looked at it and found that my big beefy fingers must of snapped one of the fine connectors on the encoder when manipulating it to fit in the enclosure.  This thing has the tiniest of wires for connectors.  Everyone be careful and not do the dumb thing I did! I also had to slightly angle the 6 pin connector for the PIC programmer to fit nicely on the pins -- but this was no big deal really.

Thanks again for the COOP and the great design.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
I received everything and have completed 4 servo controllers.  I'm using a Pickit 3 to program the PICs but I have been unable to do a verify without errors, still the controllers seem to be working fine even with the verify error.  I still have a huge amount of work on the setup and tuning of the movements and I need to hookup the eyes but the "guys" insisted on talking to you now.  ;D
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Luceat lux vestra

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
maffeirw,

Nicely done! 

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline combustionmark

DMX testers built and working. Servo controllers started. Good job.

Have Fun
Have Fun!

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
Thanks too to Dave (dlhoppe) for the firmware and software side of this project...

Ron - thanks for the video; first time I have been thanked *by* a project :-)
/mike

Offline wwwgator

• S.E. WI
I received everything and have completed 4 servo controllers.  I'm using a Pickit 3 to program the PICs but I have been unable to do a verify without errors, still the controllers seem to be working fine even with the verify error.  I still have a huge amount of work on the setup and tuning of the movements and I need to hookup the eyes but the "guys" insisted on talking to you now.  ;D

I had the same issue. I PM'd mike and verified the check sum was told that the verify would come back as bad, but works anyway.
I know nothing......and I prove it DAILY!!!

Getting crazy ideas and breaking stuff since 1977

Master Electrician/ Electrical Inspector/ Evil Genius (apprentice)

Offline ducker.richard

Arrived today, going to try and get started on assembly tomorrow.

Thanks very much for all your hard work!

Richard