Author Topic: S3 and Lynx, no blinky blinky  (Read 1138 times)

Offline elcommandante

S3 and Lynx, no blinky blinky
« on: November 23, 2011, »
I got my PIC programmed last night by Steve Gase. (Great guy.) Steve ran a test sequence with it and it worked fine. My LE controllers run the test pattern fine and turn a test string on and off. I get nothing when running a sequence though. Could someone running S3 with LE controllers and the Lynx Dongle please walk me through set up? Is there something else that needs to be programmed? It's my understanding that the LE came programmed from the coop. Steve and I did not run one of my LE's last night. I'm hoping I've just got a setting wrong somewhere. I've gone into Network Preferences in S3 and set up DMX Universe 1 with the Lynx dongle. What am I missing????

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Re: S3 and Lynx, no blinky blinky
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, »
A few things I would check. 

1).  I had my best luck if I had the LOR adapter setup with a LOR network and a DMX network.  I'm not positive if this is necessary or not but it's what I did.

2). Make sure the LOR control panel is loaded so the comm listener is loaded for DMX.

3).  Make sure the control lights option is enabled.

Offline elcommandante

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, »
Thanks Jeff.  I have tried all of that and still no luck.  I finally downloaded xlights and it works fine through that......

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A few things I would check. 

1).  I had my best luck if I had the LOR adapter setup with a LOR network and a DMX network.  I'm not positive if this is necessary or not but it's what I did.

2). Make sure the LOR control panel is loaded so the comm listener is loaded for DMX.

3).  Make sure the control lights option is enabled.

Make sure the LORCommListener window looks like the attached screen shot.
(your USB ID number will be different than mine - EN093198)

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, »
If it works in xLights it will work in LOR s3.  I like xLights just for this purpose.  Here is my LOR network screen.

Your port# may be different.  Your DMX adapter will be unique to the FTDI chip in the Lynx.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, by Jeffl »