Author Topic: Having Some Major Issues  (Read 1582 times)

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
Having Some Major Issues
« on: November 23, 2011, »
I am having some problems with a couple MR16s that I have. The first one has a channel that seems to be doing the opposite of what it is supposed to be doing. For example, if it is sequence it be off, it will be on 100%, if it is fade on, it will fade to almost off, but not completely; sequenced to fade down, it fades up. I was working with this controller just an hour ago and it was working without any issues, and now it's doing this, I have no idea why it's doing this. I've tried turn it off and plugging it in again, doesn't work. I've taken the DMX away, and it does it whether it has a DMX signal or not.
The second controller doesn't really work at all. Both controllers are being used for rainbow floods, and all I get from this controller is a flash every 10 seconds or so of all the channels at the same time. I've tried a dozen times to change the starting channel, but it won't change and I just can't get it to do anything. Bot controllers are the old MR16s. So if anyone has any idea why this stuff is going on, it would be greatly appreciated to help me out. I't so close to light up, and I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to have everything done and up by the light up night :/

P.S. I have 2 new MR16 v2 controllers that I am assembling, so if anyone has a photo of an assembled on that they would share, that would help me out too. I might just use these new ones for this season if I can get them assembled...

Thanks,
Jesse
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline JonB256

• My website
Re: Having Some Major Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, »
The Wiki page has very clear pictures showing layout.

Your backwards output sounds like maybe you have a wiring issue, not an MR16 issue. I had odd symptoms like that once when I was trying to use a single common for a flood when it really needed each common connected.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, »
I don't think it is a wiring problem because I've check and recheck the wiring, and everything seems good. And each of my RBs have their own commons and their own positives. I checked to see if I mixed the two wires up, but everything is as it should be. And it was working fine last night, but now that channel isn't working like it should.

2011 Plans:
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, »
If you use the Lynx Deck instead of running your lighting sequence, does it function normally?

ps - if you don't have Lynx Deck installed, you should (pending the Coop on the DMX tester).

If it does behave normally (on is on, off is off, fades correctly), then I'd say you have a software sequencing problem.
What software? (Vixen, LOR, LSP?)

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, »
I have been testing it with xLights light tester, and I've only ran a couple sequences, and all my sequences are LOR. But it does it even if it doesn't have a DMX signal, so that's why I think it's the controller.
2011 Plans:
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights