Author Topic: Conductor file playback  (Read 1588 times)

Offline sielbear

Conductor file playback
« on: November 24, 2011, »
I remember reading that the conductor will be able to playback sequences without the need for a PC.  I wanted to know if the conductor could read LSP files, lor files, vixen files or what?

Will the conductor be able to store the files in memory?  I'm facing some delays in playback through the LSP scheduler.  Between each song, I had 5 - 7 minutes of delay.  I'm reworking ALL of my sequences to put them on a diet, but I'm wondering if there will be some type of pre-load or cache mechanism to assist in the playback of larger and larger sequences.  I don't see sequences getting any simpler with rgb and pixel control...

Thanks!!

Offline keitha43

Re: Conductor file playback
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, »
I know it will support LSP and xlights. I remember that LSP is supposed to have less wait time between songs after the first time through your show as it does some kind of caching the first time through. I had the same delays with xlights. Thousands of channels have more delay than a couple hundred.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, »
It does not work like a computer on lsp or other software. The info it stores is the actual value the channels needs to be so it has no delay it just sends. There is no compiling to figure out what the values should be. This lets a much less powerful device like the Conductor run high channel counts and also as a side benifit there is no delay to get started. In fact one of the things you set in the show utility is how long to wait to start because with no delay when on song ended the next started with no seperation so I let you choose the time between to let the viewers hear it as a different song.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline keitha43

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, »
I definitely plan on getting this next year as my show computer couldn't output fast enough so I am having to use my uber laptop. Apparently using transitions make huge file sizes as he mention his smallest sequences was over 1gig. My largest is only 1/3 of that. I haven't messed with transitions.