Author Topic: V2 Wireless Lockup?  (Read 4557 times)

Offline cBell

• Christmas in Brewster
Re: V2 Wireless Lockup?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, »
Perhaps I spoke too soon.  The occasional instances where one channel lower comes on (what I referred to as "spikes" in the first post) have definitely been fixed with the 12-2010 firmware.  I still seem to be having lockup issues.  It happened yesterday when there was no DMX being transmitted (or at least being changed) so I thought that might be it, but then I had lockup tonight during the show during one of the songs.  I have 1 wired LE before the transmitter and it keeps on chugging along happily.  It also seems like it has to be the transmitter because both of the wireless LEs stop responding, however just as before, if I only power cycle the TX, it doesn't correct itself, it takes power cycling the whole display to get it back up again.

Tomorrow I'll try Uni 3 just for giggles, and if that doesn't do it, I'll run wires this weekend just to verify that it is indeed the wireless causing problems.
-Chris
Follow my journey: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bwhite505

• Patron Member
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, »
I have been having the same problems. I have to power down the whole display in order to get the wireless on the Express to come back on.  I think I am going to hard wire mine also. <fp.  They are not that far apart.

Brian

Offline tthompson

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, »
I'm having the same problem here as well.  It is more pronouced when I have EX/RX connected to a Renard.  I have a green flashing light, but nothing appears to be going to the board.  i power cycle everything and it works for a song or 2 and then stops.

I have 5 Renards with wireless on them that all worked great when I tested in the house.  When I moved them outside, not so much.

I have a Lynx Express that is 3 houses down from me that doesn't appear to be affected at all and operates rock solid.

Temp here is <10 degrees today, so I don't know if that would have anything to do with it.

TimT.

Offline tthompson

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, »
I did some more testing:

I have a wireless on the roof for renard channels 1-24.  I have Vixen sending ALL ON for ALL channels.  They come on and off like it is not receiving the signal to turn on all the channels.  All the channels will turn on and off randomly.

I have another Renard programmed the same way in the house to test and it has no problems at all. 

I'm leaning towards temperature problems. 

Suggestions are welcomed as it looks like I will have a few days for the snow to melt off the roof before I can get up there to hardwire it.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, »
I had a LE on the roof last year and when the controller got too cold it would have random flickering. I put inside the box 3 c7 lights and had them on the whole time to give it some warmth and that got me through the season. This year I move the box to the back wall and extended the wires.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tthompson

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, »
I will give that a shot.  Thanks.

Offline tthompson

Re: V2 Wireless Lockup? - success
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, »
adding a strand of minis to the inside of the boxes appears to have fixed the problem.

As i'm running all LEDs it looks like they just weren't drawing enough current to keep the circuitry warm enough.

I will either have to add a strand of old school to the boxes in the future or maybee LEs and/or the PCBS could add a resistor to help keep them warm.

Thanks rrowan for saving me lots of time and the show this year.