Author Topic: Lynx MR16 and standard RGB flexible strip  (Read 1754 times)

Offline tpboyce

Lynx MR16 and standard RGB flexible strip
« on: November 25, 2011, »
I want to run some of the RGB flexible strip off of one of these.  Do I want to jumper it for constant current.  If i go constant current, any suggestions on resistors.  Last year I used the little Ray Wu controllers but had problems.

Offline koropuxa

Re: Lynx MR16 and standard RGB flexible strip
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, »
I'm using several flexible RGB strips that I bought on Ebay from China. They are 12V (they got built in resistors) and about 2-3 amps all together. Since I'm using 12V computer power supply I don't have to use any resistors. My RGB strips have common positive so it works with this controller. But different strips may have different connection type as well as different voltage and current requirements. You can use one of online led resistor calculators like this one: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hope it helps.

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, »
It is just a direct connect to an RGB strip. Assuming 12vdc applied to the MR16, then just connect RGB to 123. Since it is common positive on the strips and on the MR16, only one wire needed for that.

You don't need constant current if the manufacturer has already calculated the resistors and built them into the strip.

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, »
Yes by his wording, Just connect the positive to one of the positives on the controller, than connect each common (ground) to each of the grounds and it will work. I think this is like the strip he bought

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login