Author Topic: Cannot locate media file  (Read 990 times)

Offline aixelsyd

Cannot locate media file
« on: November 25, 2011, »
I have a vixen sequence that doesn't have a media file.  When I try to play it in xScheduler I get the message "cannot locate media file".  Is there any way around this?  This year I don't have music with my animation...

When I click in the I button for information it says media file none.

Thank you,

Jason

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Re: Cannot locate media file
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, »
In Vixen, did you go to Sequence > Audio, then click the Remove Audio button? If you just deleted (or moved) the MP3 file, Vixen will play the sequence without audio, but leave the mp3 file name in the sequence file - this will confuse xLights.

To fix, go to Sequence > Audio, uncheck "Resize the sequence to the audio length", then assign an audio file to the sequence (audio file should be shorter than the length of your sequence). Now go back to  Sequence > Audio, uncheck "Resize the sequence to the audio length", and click the Remove Audio button. Save your sequence. It should now play in xLights.

Good Luck!

Matt
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline aixelsyd

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, »
I tried those steps and I get the same error message.  I did get it to work when I gave it a media file.  This is under Windows 7 if that matters...  Any other thoughts?  Would trying it on XP make a difference?

Thank you for the suggestions.  I'll keep fiddling with it maybe there's a trick to it.  Like saving in between...

Jason

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, »
How about creating a new sequence and then copy and past all of the channels into the new sequence. Just make sure you don't add any audio.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, »
OK, just open the vixen sequence in notepad. Look for a line like this:

<Audio filename="abc.mp3" duration="36362">Chorale</Audio>

Just delete the entire line and then save the file.

Matt
Matt Brown