Author Topic: LSPScheduler  (Read 1316 times)

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
LSPScheduler
« on: November 26, 2011, »
I am finding this to be a frustrating experience this year, last year seemed to work very well for me.  The scheduler seems to not be working.  It seems to crash/hang up alot.  If I can't use LSP scheduler what are other people using to schedule their sequences?

Thanks.

Offline sielbear

Re: LSPScheduler
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, »
Are you getting any error messages in the scheduler?  I had some out of memory errors my first night so I simplified a couple of my already simplified sequences to get them to run.  Since I did that, I've had some pretty good luck with the scheduler to be honest.  The first run through pains me, so I just started the show an hour before the advertised start time.  By the time the real showtime rolls around, I'm off and running...

An alternative I've had success with is xlights, however, there was a longer loading delay between each of my songs.  For now I'm back to LSP Scheduler, however, my understanding is that xlights should have a new version coming out before too long to do some preloading / caching of sequences.

I used Franks script to modify my exported LOR files to work with xlights as I'm running two different networks of lights.  Franks script lets you specify which controllers belong on which network and the script will modify the channel definitions to work with xlights...

Offline dmoore

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, »
Make sure you have the latest update that was released a few days ago:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, »
I am using LSP V2 with sequences developed in the older version of LSP. I could not get the .oms files to work, so instead; I use the sequence file in the scheduler. This method works great. LSP V2 is running on Win 7 i5 Intel and 8GB of memory. Sorry, I know it is frustrating because I spent months trying to get pixelnet to work with ther older version of LSP and even with DMX only the older scheduler was flaky.

Bottom line try using the sequence files directly into the scheduler and see if that helps.

Good luck,

Greg

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, »
LSP Scheduler will not even boot up for me.  As soon as I click on the icon I get a Windows error message saying the program needs to close and asking if I want to send an error report to Microsoft.  I am using the latest version of LSP and Windows XP.  Any help appreciated.

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, »
I don't get error messages.  It simple doesn't seem to run the show, no lights even though it appears to be progressing or it hangs up.  I had it running lastnight but again today I have issues.  I can get output with LSP.  My com ports are set up to be the same with both LSP and Scheduler.

I have not downloaded the latest version.