Author Topic: Not sure.............. It was working a few days ago?  (Read 1343 times)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
My second year.  My show is close to being done.  I fired it up tonight and it seems to be choppy.  The smooth fades seem to jump.  Example... 0-100 in one second looks like 0 then 25% then 50% then 75% and then 100.  No smooth transitions.  I checked Vixen and it is set to 0-255.  I do not know if it is hardware or software problem.  Running Vixen 2.0.  I have the show going through a smart string hub.  The pixelnet was the first up on the shows instalation.  Then the roof lights, Holdman star, posts and icicles.  I tested that much and it was perfect.  Tonight I added several more things and run the same 3 songs I had set up in the scheduler.  (I did run the show before I plugged in the new items and it was choppy to start with.) Now it is jerky and choppy.  My sequences are at 25ms and they worked a few nights ago so the speed is fine.  I have only 220 rectangle nodes it a straight line ( 110 feet).  They are 40 per controller times 5 and the last section is 20.  A few nights ago I have a part in the song where the blue shoots from one side to the other and it was very smooth.  Tonight it looks like it lights the first 40 then the next 40 etc.  More like each controller lighting up all its nodes instead of one node at a time.  I rebooted the show computer.  Unplugged the dongle and plugged it back in and started the show again.  It acted the same.

Any ideas?

Ron

My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline fslopez1950

Re: Not sure.............. It was working a few days ago?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, »
Try to have your sequences run in 50ms. BTW, what scheduler you are using?

Offline batdive

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, »
Are you by chance using the preview window while your show runs?  I have noticed that is a resource hog so I turn it off for my show profile but just re-enable it when I need to to test/update/make a new sequence.

-JS

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, »
Scheduler in Vixen.  No preview window going.  Run my whole show at 10ms last year.  Converted them all to 25ms this year for slower running smart string stuff.  Like I said it worked a few days ago with the smart strings and three (3) expresses going.  660 pixel net and 48 dmx on the expresses.  Now choppy?  Maybe even lagging?

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, »
Tried it again today and the same.  I bypassed the smart string hub and went straight to my first lynx.  I replaced the dongle with regular dmx one and all is well and smooth.

Can you run 2 dongles?  One flashed pixelnet and the other just dmx?  Then I can run one to the lynxes and the pixelnet right to the smart string hub and have both checked in the profile?

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, »
Ron,
I don't think pixelnet can do 25ms. I think 50ms is as fast as it can handle. I had a couple of choppy sequences that were 25ms. I changed them to 50ms and all is well.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, »
Ron,
I don't think pixelnet can do 25ms. I think 50ms is as fast as it can handle. I had a couple of choppy sequences that were 25ms. I changed them to 50ms and all is well.

John

OK.  I will make a backup and then change them to 50.  Then try it again in the next few days.

Ron
My 2010 Videos