Author Topic: Wireless Issue with Tester  (Read 1940 times)

Offline JDM1oc

Wireless Issue with Tester
« on: November 30, 2011, »
I've been using the tester successfully in wired and wireless mode for over a month now.  The other day when using it to turn on all my LE's using dimmer value 255 and channels set to ALL, the LE's would respond and then lock up within 30 sec to 1 min.  I tried changing the batteries and had the same problem.  It was not happening a few days ago.  To rule out problems with the LE's and EX/RXs, I took a TX/RX configured in TX mode and connected the tester's wired output and reset all the LE's and it worked fine for several hours without locking up the LE's.  Any ideas on where I can start to troubleshoot the tester?

Thanks,

Josh

Offline dlhoppe

Re: Wireless Issue with Tester
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, »
I see you tried it with the Tx and it worked. Hmmm....  maybe there's an incompatibility with the firmware on the Ex/Rx in the tester. That's a special firmware that RJ created, but it's possible it's not up to snuff given the recent updates to the wireless firmware.

I'll ping RJ and see what his thoughts are.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, by dlhoppe »

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, »
So far, I'm not able to reproduce it. I'm testing this using LE's with no load. I'm also using wireless SSR4's that are loaded. Everything is working fine for me.

Do your wireless devices (Tx, Ex/Rx on LE's) have the latest firmware?

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, »
Josh,

I did everything I could to try and reproduce your problem and cannot. I've been letting the tester drive my LE's for hours and they working flawlessly. I did find another issue with my SSR4s, but that's not related to the problem you're having.

Dave