Author Topic: LSP export to LOR S2 with LOR network and Lynx network  (Read 1195 times)

Offline garyh

I'm seeing what looks like slowdowns in my sequences and I ran across x-lights as a possible solution.

My configuration is I have 5 LOR boards, unit IDs 1-5 and 4 Lynx Expresses (DMX channels 1-48 then I jump to channel 81-95 for arches).

Since I'm using LSP V2 I can export to LOR S2, but none of the DMX seems to work, then eventually LOR boards IDs 3 an 4 seem to stop working causing half of my megatree to work.  (probably a mapping issues but it plays correct at the beginning of the song.)

I setup xlights with the following networks:
LOR  Com6, Baud Rate 57600, Last channel 80  (5 boards * 16=80)
DMX Com5, n/a Last Channel 96 (since I jump from channel 48 to channel 81 maybe this is a problem?)

Any ideas as xlights looks like an awesome solution..

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Re: LSP export to LOR S2 with LOR network and Lynx network
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm seeing what looks like slowdowns in my sequences and I ran across x-lights as a possible solution.

My configuration is I have 5 LOR boards, unit IDs 1-5 and 4 Lynx Expresses (DMX channels 1-48 then I jump to channel 81-95 for arches).

Since I'm using LSP V2 I can export to LOR S2, but none of the DMX seems to work, then eventually LOR boards IDs 3 an 4 seem to stop working causing half of my megatree to work.  (probably a mapping issues but it plays correct at the beginning of the song.)

I setup xlights with the following networks:
LOR  Com6, Baud Rate 57600, Last channel 80  (5 boards * 16=80)
DMX Com5, n/a Last Channel 96 (since I jump from channel 48 to channel 81 maybe this is a problem?)

Any ideas as xlights looks like an awesome solution..

On the xLights 2011c network setup screen, there is a button in the upper right labeled "LOR Sequence Channel Mapping". Click on that and choose "Single Network". Your network setup looks ok.

Matt
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline garyh

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, »
I tried the single network and looking over how the lights are acting on the tree it's taking the DMX channels and mapping them across the LOR network instead of the DMX/Lynx network.

In LSP is there a way to specify the Aux A? 

So the first 80 channels (5 LOR boards) map perfectly to the LOR network on the LOR dongle, but the next 4 Lynx boards running on the Lynx dongle also map to the LOR network instead of the DMX.

Thanks for any help and thanks again for taking the time to create xlights  :)

Offline keitha43

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, »
If your LOR network is your first network open the LMS in wordpad and set it to landscape. Search for a term used in your last LOR channel. For me it was "Sign" as my last LOR channel is my "tune to" sign. Underneath that look for </channel> and cut everything below that and save the original document. Paste what you cut into a new document. You will see "unit=1" at the top of the document. Do a "replace all" and replace "unit=1" with  "network=1" "unit=1" when it finishers you will actually see 2 of the "network=1" at the top of the document. Backspace the 2nd over the first. The rest of the document will be okay. Select all text and cut and paste back into your original LOR document. Be careful of where </channel> is sitting in the document. If it is not in the right place (position from the left side of the document) LOR S2 will give a "can't open sequence" type error. You only want to see if LOR can open the document don't try to save it. This is the procedure I used.

Offline garyh

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, »
keitha, I tried what you said to do and I get the LOR side, but the DMX Lynx running on the Lynx dongle never light.  That makes me think I need to change the LOR S2 file like you mentioned, but it doesn't work for me.

I probably need to look at the code to know how it "knows" the other stuff should be on the other network (probably just looking at the channel #)

Then again if it knew to map it over based on the channel I'm not sure why it's not doing it... lol

G

Offline garyh

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, »
from what I'm reading it's modifying the LSP files like keitha mentioned.  Guess I need to find the correct syntax is all. 

LOR with dongle network 1
DMX with Lynx dongle network 2

Offline garyh

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, »
Figured it out!

In the Define Lighting Networks window I had:
LOR, COM 6, 57600, Last Channel 80
DMX, COM 5, n/a, Last Channel 96

In the LOR Sequence Mapping I went to Multi-Network.

Now since I have the LOR boards and Lynx Express boards shown as what they are in LSP after I export the LOR S2 sequence I have to add the:
network="1" in front of every channel that is DMX.

That should of worked but it doesn't because all 96 DMX channels exported from LSP are all on unit 1.  So if you look at the info in xlights you will see even though you say you have 96 channels in the Define Lighting Networks it only "sees" 1 unit with 96 channels so it only maps the first 16 channels.

So I changed one of the DMX unit 1 unused channels to unit="6"  (6 boards * 16) and then the info in xlights shows this:
LOR sequence Aux A network, units 1-6 map to DMX on COM5 channels 1-96.  So even though I defined 96 DMX channels, apparently xlights reads the .lms file and only see's unit 1 and only does the first 16 channels. 

I have it working, but maybe xlights on a multi-network can look at the Last Channel defined and avoid looking at the lms file for how many units are in it.  Since all DMX is unit 1 in my case, I'll never map more that the first 16 channels.

Now that xlights played the sequence, wow was it awesome--great job dowdybrown!