Author Topic: Terminate LOR?  (Read 491 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Terminate LOR?
« on: November 29, 2011, »
This may be a really dumb question, but I have to ask. I am running all of my LOR controllers this year with DMX. Do I need to terminate the LOR controllers. If so how?

Just so you know my layout will be= Lynx Express (wireless)- LOR-LOR-LOR end. That will happen about 4 or 5 times.

Offline tbone321

Re: Terminate LOR?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, »
Terminations have little to do with DMX and everything to do with signal reflections on the cable.  It is the last unit on the chain that requires termination.  Some devices have the ability to self terminate and you would need to look at your device manual to determine how to do it with your LOR units or if they do it themselves.  You could also contact LOR since nobody is going to know their units better than they do.  If you are using the Express with the wireless daughter card then remember to terminate the Express as well as it will be the first and last unit on its input string.  In this case you would be connecting the LOR units on the Express output 2 port which is a regenerated output and is not part of the input string.  If you are using a standalone receiver then you would only terminate the express if nothing was plugged into outport port 1.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline dmoore

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, »
LOR Units do not support termination.  "In General" basic setup's like yours will be fine without termination.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, »
Thanks. Everything has been working ok so far I just did not want to have problems later. I appreciate the info!