Author Topic: Communicatins problem wireless  (Read 2547 times)

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
Communicatins problem wireless
« on: November 29, 2011, »
I have a LE running wireless been running fine since thanksgiving, but last night it started acting up, the data led keeps flickering once in awhile and it keeps messing up the show. It will kick back in, and be with the show eventually. So i dunno if its a wireless issue or if its the rs485 acting up, the 4 channel ssr plugged into out 2 is affected also. I have the Le bolted to our flag pole that the tree is made out of.
 The ssr 4 i have wireless in another location has no problem at all so i know its not the tx/rx acting up.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, by holland lights »

Offline dmoore

Re: Communicatins problem wireless
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, »
You've updated the ver 2 firmware from Dec 2010 posted on the wiki?

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, »
The other wireless units are running the same version of the firmware and they  are still working fine. I have ran this same controller for 4th of july and halloween with no problems. I did update the wireless modilar in the le im having trouble with last night and all the data light did was sit there and strobe, and it would not respond at all.

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, »
Maybe a marginal connection.
Remove power from the LE and unplug the wireless board and then put it back. Make sure it is seated in the sockets properly. If that doesn't work then check/resolder the connectors.

I had this problem on my first wireless LE.

Hope this fixes it.

Greg

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, »
It did it a little while again tonight, now its working again. so i dunno, you got me whats wrong with it.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, »
It could be a soldering problem that shows up with weather/temp changes.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline inzeos

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, »
It did it a little while again tonight, now its working again. so i dunno, you got me whats wrong with it.

You could try swapping the wireless module to another Express unit as well.

That could assist with isolating potential issues on the particular module or see if the problem does not follow it and may point at the Express side or the reception.

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, »
Yea could be i dunno, i ordered a cat 5 cable, im gonna try to link this le to another le in the yard and see if it fixes the problem or not.

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, »
Im into electronics, i have never had this much trouble with a board before. If wiring the le fixes the problem, i may just leave it wired till end of the season and completely diagnose it then.

Offline Tigman009

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, »
I too am having the same problem.  I have swapped the wireless from four other controllers and it still fails.  At about the half way point in each song the Express goes through its self test showing the 60MHZ.  I then have to remove the wireless antenna and replug it in to make it work.  I too am going to make it Cat 5.  This is the second year this board has acted up.  I guess it time to chuck it and get a new one.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, »
I too am having the same problem.  I have swapped the wireless from four other controllers and it still fails.  At about the half way point in each song the Express goes through its self test showing the 60MHZ.  I then have to remove the wireless antenna and replug it in to make it work.  I too am going to make it Cat 5.  This is the second year this board has acted up.  I guess it time to chuck it and get a new one.

This sounds like a voltage drop out. Do you have a lot on the circuit this is on? Is it a long run of ext cord?  Sometimes you will see this in a certain part of a seqence if a lot of stuff is turned on at the same time on the circuit it is connected to. Putting it on a different less loaded circuit or its own circuit might fix it.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, »
I mean i used the same LE on a flag, and used it halloween. Now its acting stupid.

Offline Tigman009

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, »
guess I am hijacking this thread.  But no only half of the sixteen channels are ever on for this express and all the lights are LED

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, »
Ok rules that out.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, »
Yea all of the lights on our mega tree are leds also.