Author Topic: Express only half works  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Justtazz

Express only half works
« on: November 29, 2011, »
Help,

One of my Express only works for channels 1-8.  When i run test mode all channels work fine but when i run a program from vixen i only get the first 8 channels.  this is the last in the line of 2 expresses.  any thoughts.

Justin
Justin
Aurora, Co

Offline RickeyS

Re: Express only half works
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, »
Did you put power to both sides, or put a jumper in?

Rick

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, »
In test mode you are only taking power from the left side, but when running you are taking power from both sides, so you need to check your power input for the right side.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Justtazz

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, »
I put a jumper in like the manuel said i will check to make sure the jumper looks good.
Justin
Aurora, Co

Offline zwiller

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, »
Should be 2 jumpers IIRC
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, »
I use a short piece of SPT2 to connect the two input sides together.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline NavyGator

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, »
I am on the road with only a dongle and I am still learning how Vixen (or other software) works. Do you have your software configured properly? Meaning if you have 3 LE's you should (could) have 48 channels enabled to be used in your software. If you only have 40 channels the third LE would probably look like only half of if works.

Can one of the more knowledgeable guys comment on this?

Rich
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, by NavyGator »

Offline Justtazz

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, »
Sorry I have 2 jumpers where directed.  I am only running 2 LE's and last years 8 channel box i made so thats the 40 channels.  I still need to check my jumpers just got back home.  will advise.

Justin
Justin
Aurora, Co

Offline Justtazz

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, »
ok so i checked my jumpers and touched them up.  Still ch 1-8 only working. so i made this board 1 and daist chained it to the 2nd board all channels work except 9-16 on the 2nd board in the line.  ichecked channel outputs dont see anything strange.  i do have an 8 channel box i made last year that is not lynx it is homemade using ssr's, could this be messing the dmx signal up? do i have to have these 8 channels at the end of the list, say the 32 express channels then these 8?
Justin
Aurora, Co

Offline NavyGator

• Coop Manager
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, »
I think it is a smart idea to go ahead and take the good LE and the 8 channel unit out of the system and trouble shoot just the LE you are having problems with. Use the LE configuration utility and reassign the start channel in the LE you are having problems with and go from there. If it works then there is a configuration problem someplace. If not its time to look at some other possibilities.

If it works I would then add the second LE into the System (reassign the start channel with the configuration utility first) and see if you can get both units working together. Then add the 8 channel unit to the end of the system.

I have a feeling that the 8 channel unit might not be passing the DMX signal correctly like you are thinking. How do you assign the start channel on the 8 channel unit?

Just my thoughts. I hope it helps.

Rich

Offline Justtazz

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, »
the 8 channel is not dmx it is ran of the parralel port. i switched up my profile and have the express ch 1-32 then the 8 channels.  everything works fine now.  thanks for all your help and ideas.

Justin
Justin
Aurora, Co

Offline NavyGator

• Coop Manager
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, »
I am glad you got it working.

Rich