Author Topic: Channel Output different than line items in LSP  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Bogususer

Hi all, I need some serious help ..
  I imported my sequences from Vixen and left them as 1 512 channel controller and used a default controller to configure all the channels, and they appear to display preview just great.  My problem, is the physical layout of my DMX controllers, my channel/track numbers w/in LSP need to be changed on some of the tracks to match my physical DMX controller outputs.  For instance, I have in the grid, arch 1 (channel 1-8) arch 2 (channel 1-8) and arch 3 (channel 1-8) plus 8 other ancillary items, all listed as channel 33-65.  However, on the physical layout arch 3 is on the other side and we need to physically connect arch 1 to the 8 other items and 2 and 3 need to go on the same controller. 

In vixen there was a channel output order, is there something similar in LSP?  And is this something that I can do on the default controller sequence and just apply to all of the others or will I have to manually modify each of my sequences?

thanks in advance
signed, ugh, waiting til the last minute..
 :-[

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Re: Channel Output different than line items in LSP
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, »
If I understand your issue right, you can simply right-click on the channel number in LSP and renumber the channel to match your DMX channel.  You can also drag and drop the channel number to move the channel to a new location in the grid. 

Offline caretaker

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, »
You should set up your controllers in LSP according to what your have IE: 16 channel Lynx Express channels 1-16, 2nd 16 channel Lynx Express channel 17-32, 8 channel D-Lights Open ACx8 channels 33-40 etc. Then if you need to move things around such as moving an 8 channel arch from Express 1 to Express 2 you just drag those channels one at a time from the one controller to the other. Make for easy rearranging of your display.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Bogususer

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, »
Thanks all - that sounds simple and maybe I just mislabeled my channels, by leaving (Ch: 58) - Rudolph/nose as the channel name - see the screenshot --  So if I just remove the (Ch:58) it should just line up when I do the print channels? 

Does that sound correct? 

Yes, when I re-do this- I will NOT use a 512 ch controller, it will be 16 separate 16 channel DMX  controllers.

But right now I need as soon as possible.  thanks everyone!

Offline Bogususer

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, »
Quick question, if I go ahead and incorporate the 16 Enttec DMX controllers, - I still need to modify my channel numbers to correct numbers right?  or can I just leave them at what they were when I moved them around?

thanks!

Offline caretaker

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, »
When you move the Track to the new controller the track will stay the same (IE: whatever you sequenced will remain) but it will now be on what ever channel of the controller you move it to.  So let's say last year you have Rudolph on channel 58 (controller 4 channel 10) and this year you moved it in LSP to channel 3 you would need to make sure you plugged Rudolph's red nose in to controller 1 channel 3.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Bogususer

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, »
Ok, I think I got it.. now I just need to figure out the best/easiest/fastest way to update all of my existing sequences - after I just setup my 16 DMX 16 channel controllers..
thanks!