Author Topic: Were you a Prancer Tester? If you ever downloaded it please look here!  (Read 5418 times)

Offline Jrd

Hello all,
I am new to DIYLA but not to the DIY Lighting field, anyway, a few days ago I ran across Prancer and I am trying to bring this project back even though it is as if the developer has fallen away.

So if you still have access to the installer or the installed files I would very much appreciate it if you would be able to send me a copy of those files either as a zip attached here or I will give you my email through PM and you could send it there.

I hear there was an activation code also but I don't know if anyone actually received one. If you received one and would be willing to share it I would love to receive it but even if you don't have a code and just have the files I would love to have them.

Thank you so much in advance.
-Ricky, Jrd

Yes, I am from DIYC.

Offline tbone321

The problem here is that Prancer is not public domain and not owned by DIYLA.  It was and is owned by its developer and what you are asking is for this site and its members to help you steal it.  That is not cool.  If you can get a hold of Cass and he is willing to give it to you then great, I would be interested in seeing it start up again myself. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Jrd

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The problem here is that Prancer is not public domain and not owned by DIYLA.  It was and is owned by its developer and what you are asking is for this site and its members to help you steal it.  That is not cool.  If you can get a hold of Cass and he is willing to give it to you then great, I would be interested in seeing it start up again myself.

I must confess that was my "if all else fails" plan (even though I don't know how to reverse engineer software) but I was also hoping that he would have left some contact information in his software as all good developers do.

I am trying to contact Cas through here and other sites as well as people but of course, it is slow.

If anyone actually has the software but doesn't trust me please search it for any kind of contact information. It may be in a Help->About menu or you may have to look at the properties of some files or look in .ini, .info, .txt, or others.
-Ricky, Jrd

Yes, I am from DIYC.

Offline egenoup

I was part of the alpha testers and prancer's key was dated.  My key has expired and no longer works.  The key file is binary and does not contain any useful information.  I will check the other files tomorrow.

Egenoup

Offline Jrd

I was part of the alpha testers and prancer's key was dated.  My key has expired and no longer works.  The key file is binary and does not contain any useful information.  I will check the other files tomorrow.

Egenoup
Thanks Egenoup,
How did Cas contact you about the test or vice-versa? Was all communication through this forum or did you have correspondence through email or other?
-Ricky, Jrd

Yes, I am from DIYC.

Offline egenoup

I will have to look through my email to see.  I know we did some PM messages through this website, but I do not remember if we did any through my personal e-mail.  I know that he had a bug reporting site.  I will try to find that too.

Offline Jrd

I will have to look through my email to see.  I know we did some PM messages through this website, but I do not remember if we did any through my personal e-mail.  I know that he had a bug reporting site.  I will try to find that too.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help!
-Ricky, Jrd

Yes, I am from DIYC.