Author Topic: xLights 2011d  (Read 3879 times)

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
xLights 2011d
« on: November 30, 2011, »
Wow, another updated version of xLights! New to this version:

1) New xConverter module.  This module can read in LOR or Vixen sequences and output to Vixen 2.1, Lynx Conductor, or a new xLights sequence format. The xLights format loads into the scheduler without any delays! This also means you can use it to convert LOR sequences to Vixen 2.1 - channel names and colors are preserved. How the LOR channels get mapped depends on your network setup in xLights, so make sure you have your networks defined correctly before you convert LOR files. The Lynx Conductor format has not been tested - so no guarantees on that one (hopefully one of the beta testers will try it out).

2) Fix for the "Run Schedule" checkbox getting stuck.

If you are running xLights on Windows XP, I urge you to read this post: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Enjoy it. Merry Christmas!

Matt
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: xLights 2011d
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, »
Hi Matt

Many thanks. I just dl it and can't wait to try it after work.

url for xlights: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, »
Thanks for doing this.  I will give it a try tonight.

Bill

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, »
Thanks Matt.  I will try it later today.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, »
The xseq file size for all my lms files was 82,176K each no matter what my LMS file size was. Is this normal?

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, »
O.K. maybe I missed it but how does one acquire the Linux version?  Where from etc.?  I can't seem to find the info anywhere.  I have a couple of dual boot systems but am just getting back into Linux.  Ubuntu 11 is what is on both systems right now.  Just need to know how to get a hold of the source and then I'll follow the txt file to hopefully figure it out from there. :)
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, »
You have to compile it yourself. Go to the code tab on the source force site and browse the svn. read the toolconfig.txt file to get started.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, »
Matt - WOW!! Great job!!  I converted my Vixen sequences to the xLights sequence .xseg format and they load much faster.  One sequence that took 54 seconds now loads in about 1 second if that long.  Everyone who uses xLights will observe the tremendous improvement.

keitha43 - I am not using LOR but I noticed my Vixen sequences are now smaller after conversion to the xLights sequence format.

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, »
Well this version fixed my problem.  Converted my A Soldiers Christmas over to xlights and loads instantly.  No problems!  YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you!!!!  And that's in Windows XP with Media player 9.

Now I just need everything for linux and I'll give that a shot.. :)

Dean
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, »
My LOR when converted to XLights caused the sign to display all channels in white.

Edited*** The scheduler did move to the next schedule it just took about 5 minutes.  I moved the show PC back to C to see if they delay between scheduled sequences is the same or not.

Bill

« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, by wbuehler »

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, »
Using 2011d I could not get the schedule like in version C to move past the first sequence when using more than one in the playlist.
Just like in C they can each be played separately no problem.

I noticed that when converting the LOR to Xlights format along with the sign just going all white, the sequence file that I converted went from 1.1MB to 90MB.
But what was strange is that I also tried to convert a 40MB LOR file and it to made the sign go all white and also had a file size of just over 90MB.

I can not get it to convert the LOR files to Vixen, after about 10 minutes the converter program was using over 300MB of Ram and had stopped responding.

Bill

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, »
Hi Matt,

First like you said the xseg run right way and thats awesome. But I think there is a bug in the file conversion. In my profile I have a full pixelnet universe of 4096 channels. To keep things simple I set aside the first 512 for dmx and start my pixelnet channels at 514 and currently stops at 1260. Now the last channel I use in dmx is 227. When I run the conversion all of my sequences are now 227 channels and of course none of my pixelnet channels are there. Oh, this is all vixen 2.1x sequences

Rick R.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, »
Having problems with this version. All my converted LSP to LOR files converted to the exact same file size no matter how different the LOR size was. During output it turned ALL my LOR channels on at the same time. I then tried just using the LMS files next and there was very little delay but the show would randomly stop playing the sequences with no messages of any kind. Sometimes it would run through it a few times. I wasn't outside when it stopped so I am not sure if it was stopping at the end of a playlist or just after any song. I would just notice it dark outside.

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, »
Having problems with this version. All my converted LSP to LOR files converted to the exact same file size no matter how different the LOR size was. During output it turned ALL my LOR channels on at the same time. I then tried just using the LMS files next and there was very little delay but the show would randomly stop playing the sequences with no messages of any kind. Sometimes it would run through it a few times. I wasn't outside when it stopped so I am not sure if it was stopping at the end of a playlist or just after any song. I would just notice it dark outside.

This is exactly the same thing that I am seeing with my LSP files that have been exported to LOR.

Bill

Offline keitha43

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, »
dowdybrown asked for one of my LSP converted to LMS files to look at to see what is happening during the conversion process.