Author Topic: Aether II Housing Question  (Read 1339 times)

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
Aether II Housing Question
« on: December 01, 2011, »
 My lights are up and running so now I can start work on the Aether II. I hate to ask this question because it makes me feel very stupid. I am using the recommended housing from Northern Industrial Lights (the 500 watt work light). My question concerns how to unscrew the screws that are inside of the housing. I have tried everything that I can think of, short of drilling the screws out. The heads look strange. They partly look like a Phillips head and partially like those square screws (I don't the name of those). I any case, they are so tight that I can't get even one screw out. (In this case I would love to have a screw loose). Any ideas?
Jim
Jim Wright

Offline zwiller

Re: Aether II Housing Question
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, »
Jim,
I just did my aether IIs over the last two days so I should be able to help. I got the same lights from northern tool as well. The screw is a normal phillips head.  That said I gave the stubborn screws I had a good whack with a hammer at the end of my screwdriver. One good tap with the "fine adjustment tool" and they broke loose.   

Good luck with your aethers!  I love mine!
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
Re: Aether II Housing Question
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, »
Thanks. I will try that. Jim
Jim Wright